Passport checking

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 14 May 2013 1.18pm
Does anyone know if it's only Main Post offices that do this service? I was wondering if the post office in the co-op in great dover stret would do it? I find it very difficult to stand for long periods and the last time I went to the post office at London bridge there was a 15 min ute wait in a queue! Have to get a new passport and wanted it checked in case I have done it wrong..
Tuesday 14 May 2013 1.27pm
I checked the website and it isn't listed as offering the service... where are you based? the nearest one to Great Dover st is Borough, Southwark street or Blackfriars.
Tuesday 14 May 2013 2.35pm
Is there a post office at the Borough Sam? if not the other one would be I suppose Blackfriars...what a pain it is to lose your passport!
Wednesday 15 May 2013 8.38am
Jan

The London Bridge branch is now regularly open Saturday mornings, without the long queues you get Mon-Fri.

Otherwise the nearest with the Passport service seem to be Southwark Bridge Road (the Co-op) - open Mon-Sat, and Walworth Road - Mon-Sat morning.

Info from Post Office's Branch Finder website:

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/branch-finder?page=1

and choose 'Passport Check and Send' in the 'Service required' drop-down menu box.

John
Wednesday 15 May 2013 1.35pm
Thats really helpful John, because I took a cab to Jamaica road p.o. this am., and the nice gentleman said I did not need my birth/marriage certificates...he told me I had entered my first and second christian name without a space, and on the lso1 form to replace a lost passport I had made the same mistake, what the dopey man did not tell me was that he could provide the form! Coming home ( another cab!) I phoned the passport office up and they are going to contact them to make sure they tell clients that they have them there.

So I will go to London Bridge p.o. saturday and now have to wait for another fortnight because my g.p. is on holiday..so will have to get him to re-sign again, he'll probably charge me another 20.00! :-(
Wednesday 15 May 2013 2.08pm
If you're just replacing a recent passport and are still recognisable from it you don't need a counter signatory. I've just renewed mine without signatures.
Wednesday 15 May 2013 3.34pm
Was that through the Check and Send Tolstoy? I lost mine last year at home during the massive chuck out of stuff during kitchen fitting, think my friend threw the box away!
Wednesday 15 May 2013 4.26pm
I checked through it myself, would be happy to look yours over.
Thursday 16 May 2013 11.58pm
I have seen the Post Office in the Co-Op check a passport application before now, so I'm almost certain they offer the service
Friday 17 May 2013 6.38am
There is a charge for check & send of around 8
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: