Goodwin Buildings Marshalsea Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 16 May 2013 3.07pm
Hello, I wonder if anyone on the forum remembers the Goodwin Buildings on Marshalsea Road? I've been searching the web for a photo or some mention, but have found nothing at all! Thanks for any description, memories etc.
Wednesday 3 July 2013 2.17pm
Yes I remember Goodwin Buildings in the 1960s. It was next to Ilfracombe on Marshalsea Road. I believe there is just grass there now. It was a Victorian block - similar looking to Douglas Buildings, but not as nice. Plainer brickwork and windows. I suspect they were slightly older. We lived in Douglas Buildings at the time but had relatives in Goodwin Buildings. I remember the interior was similar to our own own flat - i.e. no bathroom - just a few rooms.
Monday 8 July 2013 3.16am
Thanks for your reply, Mina. Could you describe the building for me? How many stories? What colour was the brick? If you can remember, could you describe the interior of both the Douglas and Goodwin Bldgs? Much appreciated!
Friday 9 August 2013 2.42pm
Hello, I remember Goodwin very well. What would you like to know, apart from external material details?
Saturday 2 November 2013 4.53pm
I'm sorry I missed seeing your reply. I'm wondering what colour the brick was at Goodwin - red, yellow? Any decorative brickwork on the outside? How many stories? Inside, how many rooms in an apartment? Cooking facilities? Was there one bathroom per floor or more? One main staircase or more? Thanks for your help!
Sunday 3 November 2013 7.45pm
possibly yellow bricks...four floors same as others ilfracombe..

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: