Pedibus annoyance

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Sunday 19 May 2013 1.17pm
Hi fellow residents.

I live in Vanilla and Sesame Court, Curlew Street and I'm getting increasingly annoyed by the Pedibus company parking their trailers on the street and making a complete racket when packing up.

Not only is it double yellow lines so illegal for them to park there, Sometimes there are up to three being loaded onto trailers and the sound of metal clanging is very intrusive. And often late at night.

Does anyone else find this annoying? Either residents in V&S or Ginger Apartments opposite?

I have written to the company and the local council but no action has been taken.

It would be fantastic if we could get a petition started to stop this company ruining what has been a quiet, enjoyable place to live.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Karen
Sunday 19 May 2013 6.25pm
This kind of noise is very stressful and can make you ill so keep a record of all incidents for future use. Email the company every time you are disturbed. Take photographs if you can. Pursue your complaint to the council; keep nagging until you get a reply and ask what is their plan of action. Good luck.
Sunday 19 May 2013 6.27pm
See also:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/6340
and
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/162122

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 19 May 2013 6.30pm
I know Cllr Anood Samerai has raised it with various Southwark Council departments.
Maybe email her on [mailto://Anood.Al-Samerai@southwark.gov.uk] to find out the latest.
Sunday 19 May 2013 9.18pm
Hello Karen. I was walking along Tooley Street late this afternoon. A car by went by towing a trailer with a Pedibus on board, making a loud rattling and clanking noise that I found quite annoying.
Zoe
Monday 20 May 2013 6.50am
Well you were lucky then that it was only going by you and not sitting outside your window everyday.
Monday 20 May 2013 11.31am
Peter Davis wrote:
Hello Karen. I was walking along Tooley Street late this afternoon. A car by went by towing a trailer with a Pedibus on board, making a loud rattling and clanking noise that I found quite annoying.
There's really no need for this. Noise can be very stressful & upsetting for people - be kind !
Monday 20 May 2013 11.57am
I don't think Peter was intending to be disparaging of Karen's complaint.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 20 May 2013 8.20pm
Thanks all. I'm going to contact Cllr Anood Samerai and see where we go from there.
Tuesday 21 May 2013 2.16am
Good advice to contact Anood. She helped when I was successful in getting this genuinely anti social nuisance moved on from Queen Elizabeth Street last year. It seems that they have simply re-routed within the neighbourhood which obviously is not the answer. Please see my post from last year via the second of the links provided by James. Contacting STRA may be worthwhile too. Interested to know the outcome. Happy to help if necessary.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: