Pedestrian crossing on BHS by John Harvard Library

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 21 May 2013 12.54pm
Apologies if there is already a thread somewhere on here, but I searched and my phone crashed...

Am I the only one who feels there is a distinct lack of time to get from one side to the other at the pedestrian crossing on BHS by the library? Often when crossing, particularly when taking my children to school, the beeps will end before we've got much further than half way. Impatient drivers/cyclists start off as soon as they can and this can make it a nightmare to cross at times

is there anyway the timings can be reassesed? I gather its all about staggering the lights etc but seeing children crossing on their own and being tempted to run when they know their alloted time is near done surely cant be right?
Tuesday 21 May 2013 2.57pm
Agreed, and I don't have to herd kids across there. Do TFL control crossings on BHS?
Tuesday 21 May 2013 6.19pm
The one on the south side of Westminster Bridge is the same. Lights change and your not even have way across the road
Zoe
Tuesday 21 May 2013 6.26pm
I've always been astounded by the lack of crossing there, it's a really busy road and people drive fast.
Tuesday 21 May 2013 6.51pm
Spartacus - TfL's Surface Transport manage all of London's traffic lights, on red route and borough roads alike

RooRee - you can ask TFL to look into the timings via:

Tel: 0845 606 1005
Email: londonstreets@tfl.gov.uk
Website: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/reportastreetfault/934.aspx
Tuesday 21 May 2013 7.56pm
Fab, thanks! :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: