A Question regarding Trinity Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Thursday 23 May 2013 11.38pm
I just have a wee question about the Trinity Square area. Why is it closed to traffic? Has it always been closed (I've lived in SE1most of my life and I simply cannot remember). Do the freeholders of the properties own the road also? Obviously my next route of enquiry will be the Council but before I scuttle down those labyrinthine depths, I am almost certain a wise SE1'er can provide me with the answers. Thanking you in advance.
Friday 24 May 2013 8.16am
I don't know about wise SE1er. The site's search engine, which anyone can use, produced this:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/3331
Friday 24 May 2013 9.00am
Trinity Street used to be open to traffic and all the streets around it were two way, I vaguely remember street being closed at great dover street by temporary barriers ( painted wooden logs ) cannot give you a time period.
Friday 24 May 2013 12.23pm
Lionel wrote:
I don't know about wise SE1er. The site's search engine, which anyone can use, produced this:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/3331

Eureka! Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. It appears that money and a well-organised resident committee (probably with a couple of lawyers thrown in) gets results from the council. We're all in this together....
Friday 24 May 2013 7.02pm
Chip. Shoulder. Unsubstantiated allegation.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 24 May 2013 9.44pm
Ivanhoe wrote:

Not an allegation, more of an observational assumption. It's just that there are many other rat runs in the area that don't get such special traffic calming measures. No chip, Ivanhoe (although the tone of your post would suggest that my post upset you. Chillax, as the yoofs say). It's just that i live along a traffic rat run and I think it would be good if our area could get the same treatment. I shall make an enquiry to our wonderful local authority. If I am knocked back, I shall ask them why Trinity Square was treated differently. Good day to you.
Saturday 25 May 2013 12.30am
"well-organised resident committee (probably with a couple of lawyers thrown in)"

and from the previous thread

"this traffic calming scheme has been campaigned for vigorously for the past 10+ YEARS"

you know what you have to do and the time frame good luck
Saturday 25 May 2013 8.58am
Pieces of Eight wrote:
Ivanhoe wrote:

Not an allegation, more of an observational assumption. It's just that there are many other rat runs in the area that don't get such special traffic calming measures. No chip, Ivanhoe (although the tone of your post would suggest that my post upset you. Chillax, as the yoofs say). It's just that i live along a traffic rat run and I think it would be good if our area could get the same treatment. I shall make an enquiry to our wonderful local authority. If I am knocked back, I shall ask them why Trinity Square was treated differently. Good day to you.

Prior to Trinity st being closed off to traffic the good people of Boyfield st asked the council for sleeping policeman as it was being used as a rat run/drag racing strip and kids played out there,either side of boyfield st is Silex and Lancaster streets which did not have the same problem of children playing out in the street,needless to say the council refused,a few months later Trinity st was closed off.
You can imagine how it was viewed.
Saturday 25 May 2013 9.31am
terryb wrote:
Trinity Street used to be open to traffic and all the streets around it were two way, I vaguely remember street being closed at great dover street by temporary barriers ( painted wooden logs ) cannot give you a time period.

Those barriers were a 7ft gap presumably to stop bigger vehicles.
Saturday 25 May 2013 2.29pm
I think I was told that the then head teacher of Eton lived in one of the houses end carried a lot of sway in the decision to close the street? True or not I don't know..
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network