SE1 energy bill npower

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 25 May 2013 11.34am
Just opened a letter from my energy supplier this morning "Unfortunately there will be an increase in your gas and electricity prices from 1st July 2013 . It's never an easy decision to put prices up, ( UP BY 9.6%) , so we want to be open about why this is happening. ...' Its costing us more to carry out government environmental and social schemes, the cost of energy we bought to supply your home now is more expensive than last year, the companies who help us deliver energy to your home are charging us more for their services"

This is never an easy comment to make .. but WHERE exactly am I supposed to get this money from? How about Shareholders taking a hit for a change.. or indeed the .. government if they are a cause of prices rising. I'm truly fed up with greedy corporations taking the *^"".. A 9.6% increase when the inflation rate is 2.4%. What do you think?
Tuesday 28 May 2013 4.57pm
Sorry to say but the only way to truly reduce your bills is to use less but within reason and find the cheapest supplier and keep swapping!

Shop around for a better deal-then call your current company and see if they really want you as a customer ie offer you the same or better. Same with house/car insurance/banking. Loyalty does not pay!

Hope I don't get shot for mentioning this site but go to moneysavingexpert and heed their advice on how to get a better deal and save energy.It will mean you being pro active but if it saves you some money it will be worth it.

londonbridge69 wrote:
Just opened a letter from my energy supplier this morning "Unfortunately there will be an increase in your gas and electricity prices from 1st July 2013 . It's never an easy decision to put prices up, ( UP BY 9.6%) , so we want to be open about why this is happening. ...' Its costing us more to carry out government environmental and social schemes, the cost of energy we bought to supply your home now is more expensive than last year, the companies who help us deliver energy to your home are charging us more for their services"
This is never an easy comment to make .. but WHERE exactly am I supposed to get this money from? How about Shareholders taking a hit for a change.. or indeed the .. government if they are a cause of prices rising. I'm truly fed up with greedy corporations taking the *^"".. A 9.6% increase when the inflation rate is 2.4%. What do you think?
Wednesday 29 May 2013 9.17am
We looked at the Gas & Electricity options, and it looks like we have managed to save about 400 a year here in Draper Heights.
Just type in your details and make the switch.
Good luck!
Wednesday 29 May 2013 11.20am
Hi again

Thanks for your posts. What I should perhaps have mentioned is that I moved to NPOWER only last year using price comparison sites on the promise that I would be able to make such a cost saving. I am a low energy user (finances dictate!),.. whilst such a big increase from NPOWER makes my own personal circumstances even worse.. the principle of making such a big increase at a time of so called 'austerity' and with an inflation rate at 2.4% is in my opinion morally bankrupt. I simply don't accept that this cabal of government, energy companies and regulators are truly acting in the interests of all UK CITIZENS.
(Naturally, at a personal level I thank you for your advice).
Wednesday 29 May 2013 12.41pm
Read last week 1 company (can't remember which one just now) was going to put up its electricity prices by 18%!!!
Wednesday 29 May 2013 12.57pm
There an interesting set of tables on one of the switching websites that lists the latest increases, and increases since 2005:
http://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity/guides/gas-electricity-prices/
Wednesday 29 May 2013 3.07pm
Those tables are very interesting... of course they are also out of date.. running through to the end of 2012. The table of rises in energy prices since 2004 is a very telling indictment. I can't see a definition of affordability over the same period. These dramatic increases, in many cases not yearly, but every 6 months, suggest to me that the domestic energy supply market and its regulation is out of control. What exactly is the point of politicians and regulators if they fail to act?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: