Great Dover St / Swan St building

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 25 May 2013 4.51pm
Does anyone know whether the large brown office building on the corner between Great Dover Street, Swan Street and Cole Street is occupied by anyone? Oddly, there is a speaker on the corner of the building as you walk along Swan Street, which gives out a crackling noise - seems very odd? Does anyone have any info about the building?
Tuesday 28 May 2013 12.53pm
I heard that a shipping company had bought the freehold of the building and were going to use it as their headquarters. That was a couple of months ago now so not sure if that is still the case.
Sunday 2 June 2013 9.03pm
The white noise coming from the loudspeakers seems to be new, as does the fencing around the building! I've always thought it was a weirdly deserted place... would love to know what's going on there...
Monday 3 June 2013 7.45am
I popped by to have a listen of this and record it. It's the tannoy alarm system, which because the building is empty has been disconnected, but evidently still has a mains current running through it. I'd suspect someone has pulled out a connection without actually switching it off.
Thursday 15 August 2013 11.03am
anyone know what this building is? I can't seem to find anything and frankly it spooks me out! Something needs to be done about it, surely something like that shouldn't be derelict for so long?
Saturday 17 August 2013 10.40am
It would be good to know what this building it is, or what it is going to be, as it has been empty for so long now. In the last few days the grounds have been cleaned up - lots of rubbish removed and the bushes have been trimmed (not sure if the council organised this) but it is still empty, and I think the tannoy system is still buzzing.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: