question?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 27 May 2013 6.35pm
In New Kent Road, the access to the marks and spencers garage, there is a very deep round hole , about 8/9" in diameter and about 8" deep. it reminds me of the inlets that petrol stations would have used to fill the underground storage tanks. There is no cover, so last week I went and told a member of staff about it, mentioning that it is lethal to any one. Nothing has been done and today walking along from the Elephant direction it is even less visible as there is another metal cover obscuring it slightly.

If anyone goes down this aperture they will be hurt as it is surrounded by metal, think steel box!

Who would be responsible...the Highways or Marks? is there any one i could report this to on the Council ? rather than go through to the switchboard and just be redirected for it to be logged or would it be TFL? as it abutts new kent road..
Monday 27 May 2013 8.39pm
Hi Jan

Have you tried using the fix my street website at
www.fixmystreet.com

I have used it a number of times.. The site forwards the details on to the relevant authority for action and you can follow up to show the world whether it has been fixed or not. Worth taking a look.

Adrian
Tuesday 28 May 2013 1.10pm
Thank you Adrian,

I was wondering that if the garage was Not there and the access bit did not exist, there would be just a pavement..think logically you are right..so will contact that fixmystreet link! :-)
jan

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: