Neon lights - Eco Cleaners Tower Bridge Road/Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Tuesday 28 May 2013 10.13am
Has anyone noticed the new 2 storey high glaring multi coloured neon lights at this new eco dry cleaners? It is horrible! Don't people need planning permission for this?

Related news & features

Tuesday 28 May 2013 11.46am
Its awful!!!! Yes they would need planning permission for signage and would be very surprised if they got it!
Tuesday 28 May 2013 12.07pm
I agree - I live close by and the sign is terrible.

Apologies as I'm new to this - how can we check if planning permission has been obtained (I agree with Pops - seems unlikely), and if not, who do we direct our complaint towards and/or is it possible to force them to take the upper part of it down?

Thanks
Tuesday 28 May 2013 12.11pm
Just called Southwark Council to complain - they said this was the second call they have received today about it - they will keep me informed. Number to call is 020 7525 5418
Tuesday 28 May 2013 5.28pm
This sign is amazingly hideous!!! You can probably see this from space at night as it is so huge and bright! The graphic designer (or whomever designed this in Microsoft Word) should also be fired! Also, it surely is not very eco with the amount of electricity needed to power the thing!

Excuse the bad night shot, but you can get a good idea of how unbelievably bad this sign is, both daytime and night!!!

I will be lodging my complaint straight away as this is ruining this part of TBR.
Tuesday 28 May 2013 5.38pm
I can't find any record of advertisement consent for this shopfront on the planning register.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 28 May 2013 6.09pm
Ha!

I had no idea it lit up at night as well. It's bad enough in the daytime. Hideous, inconsiderate and tacky. The very last thing the TBR needs - there's a lovely shop just opened on the other side (can't remember the name) - this is precisely the wrong direction of travel for TBR.

The irony is - they're trying to get the message across that they're 'eco friendly' (whatever that may mean), but the signage looks like they're storing medical waste!

Good luck with getting Southwark to take it down.
Tuesday 28 May 2013 6.17pm
What are the umbrella's outside for?
Tuesday 28 May 2013 6.48pm
Pops wrote:
What are the umbrella's outside for?

It was the grand opening, a chance to 'experience our world class revolutionary clothes care system' the 'BEST IN THE COUNTRY' - they did offer 'complimentary drinks and tasty nibbles' to be fair!!

Thought I should also ask... is there need for another dry cleaners in this area?!?
Tuesday 28 May 2013 7.53pm
Shame their eco-credentials don't extend to turning the lights off.Coincidentally Southwark Council refused consent for a weapons bin less than 20 metres from that location, citing it "would represent additional unnecessary clutter, and result in clear and demonstrable harm to the visual appearance of the street scene".I assume the same reason could be used here
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: