Oblix - has anyone been?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 1 June 2013 12.44pm
Has anyone been to the Oblix?

Not actually having been there I thought it might be a good idea to canvas some opinion on the forum...

If their reservations line is anything to go by it's utterly chaotic and waste of time, especially since they seem to be just yet another upscale steak and chips outlet.
Saturday 1 June 2013 3.10pm
Fay Maschler in her Standard review was mildly underwhelmed by her visit to Oblix.
At around 170 for two, including 12.5% service I'm not surprised.
Plus she tells of the credit card slip being left open for an additional tip, unwary diners beware.

http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/restaurants/oblix-at-the-shard--restaurant-review-8616639.html
Sunday 2 June 2013 3.29pm
I've been twice & love it BUT I've been to the lounge rather than the main restaurant. The main restaurant is pretty pricy & very meat heavy but if you can go for lunch mon-Fri in the lounge it's lovely. Starters are buffet style, delicious salads (couscous/orzo etc), mains are bought to the table (simple but tasty - salmon with pesto, minute steak & chips, prawns with pasta plus a veggie option) then dessets are buffet style again (go as many times as you like) All this for...25 a head which with the view is an absolute bargain. Drinks are pricy of course but if you are careful you can have a fabulous lunch for really very little ! Hope this helps.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: