Lost black and white cat who is limping

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 6 June 2013 7.26pm
Hello, I am asking people in the Pages Walk / Bricklayer's Arms area to look out for my cat who has been missing for a day

He was limping, not putting pressure on his back foot yesterday evening, but when I tried to have a look he ran out of the cat flap and by the time I'd unlocked the back doors I couldn't find him, and he hasn't been back since

He is a black and white tabby, shy but friendly, not fat but "cuddly", no collar (he hates them). It's not like him to be missing for this amount of time, he likes his dinner too much

I will phone round vets etc tomorrow morning but if anyone has seen him can they let me know?
Thursday 6 June 2013 9.49pm
He's back, looking very scruffy but no longer limping :-)
Thursday 6 June 2013 10.23pm
I'm pleased to hear it. Obviously had an encounter with a feline chiropractor.
Friday 7 June 2013 12.18am
He was probably swinging the lead with the gimpy paw, playing the sympathy card.
As you are no doubt aware, cats are not mugs, they play us for all they are worth.
Friday 7 June 2013 11.13am
Glad to hear he's back, Lucy.

Do you have two cats? There are two mostly-black-but-black-and-white cats that are official Friends Of The Schoolhouse and that I see a lot, one a little more 'cuddly' than the other. I thought that the more slender one (wearing a bright collar)was Benson. The heavier one got nicknamed Minstrel years ago by our caretaker but perhaps we've muddled them up. If they're both yours, the slender chap had a little wound on his head yesterday, above the eye.

Perhaps the two wounds are linked? SE1 Cat wars?
Monday 10 June 2013 4.59pm
The limp is back so we took him to the vet who ruled out tactical theatrics; instead it was a bite from something (another cat, probably) so he's been injected and dressed and seems much happier.

Hey Lully! Yes they're both mine, they randomly look very similar but one is a bit bigger. The smaller one (Benson) follows Charlie around everywhere when I see him. Another Schoolhouser told me they found him lying on their bed the other day, bold as brass! Thanks for pointing out the wound: he's got a few allergies that occasionally flare up and he scratches them, we keep an eye on him and take him to the vet if need be. He should be kept in really but he climbs the curtains if in for too long!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: