More Favs.... Live Music???

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 1 May 2002 9.43am
Been in the area a while now but still have not found a pub / bar that does any decent live music / sessions and no Karaoke does NOT count (have you heard me sing!). Used to be involved in the scene years ago and miss it!

Would appreciate it if anyone knew of any places where i could go and enjoy this seeming lost art. I will listen to almost anything if it is good!

Thursday 2 May 2002 9.20am
I've lived in the area for a couple of years and the only options I have found are:
Baltic Jazz on Sunday
Laughing Gravy Jazz on Tuesday and/or Thursday
Meson Don Fellipe and Tas also have a guitar player but none of these are really gigs.

RFH does have some good concerts but again it isn't really a pub gig!!

So basically I can't help you...

Although there is an Irish pub on Walworth Road called the Black Lion (I think) and it has some irish trad/folk but I wouldn't go there if you are politically sensitive.

But at least both Waterloo and London Bridge stations are both on a direct tube line to Camden which is where most live music in London seems to happen.

On a slightly different note, are there any comedy venues around?
Thursday 2 May 2002 10.13am
I think the Elusive Camel (nee King of Belgium) on Tooley St has a comedy night upstairs - not sure which night.

The River Bar on Tower Bridge has live music of a sort - if you like trad jazz! - the Dive Bar downstairs use to have gigs - again not sure which night.
Thursday 2 May 2002 11.53am

I'll second the River Bar. On Thursday nights Alan Beechey's Bright Stars of Jazz play and they swing with a New Orleans style hot jazz. It's free and the music is great, sometimes there's even a tuba.

They also have yummy veggie burgers as big as your head.

Tuesday 7 May 2002 11.32am
guys and girls thanx for the help, will try them out and let you know what i think!

sorry its take so long to get back to you!
been rather busy!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: