Thank You - and a word of warning...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 10 June 2013 4.05pm
I was mugged in the early hours of Sunday morning (2.30am, to be precise) and I was helped by some very kind neighbours in Weller Street to whom I'd like to say a very big "Thank You" and offer an apology for the noise I made to attract attention. Please PM me so that I can thank you in person.
Fortunately, I wasn't badly hurt and he only got away with my watch. He did threaten to stab me but I think if he had a knife he would have used it earlier rather than just threatening me.
A case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, sadly.
So just be aware and stay safe, folks.
The police attended and will be investigating.
Any information gratefully received in confidence.
Unfortunately, I think it will be difficult definitely to identify the guy - hoodie wearing, dark clothes, black, London accent.
Monday 10 June 2013 8.09pm
So sorry to hear about you're experience, take care .
Monday 10 June 2013 10.53pm
Sorry to hear this, hope you're ok. What a scary episode! Glad that he didn't use (have) a knife...!!
Our office is just around the corner & I was always wondering about colleagues leaving late at night and how safe it was... I hope police are doing some extra rounds... May I ask, are you a boy or a girl?
Tuesday 11 June 2013 7.57am
Thanks, Glodge
wellpastbedtime : I'm male and I've lived here for over 25 years and I've never been mugged, so as long as you and your colleagues take the usual precautions I'd say it's as safe as any city.
Tuesday 11 June 2013 12.56pm
Sorry to hear that, Jaybee. Glad you're in one piece.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 11 June 2013 1.03pm
Yea glad your OK Jaybee,don't let them win.
Tuesday 11 June 2013 3.54pm
I'm really sorry to hear that and hope that you are okay.
Wednesday 12 June 2013 9.18am
JayBee.
Sorry that you suffered the mugging.
Very pleased to know that you seem to be OK and I do hope that it is soon just an unpleasant memory.
Good that you reported it to the police.
Wednesday 12 June 2013 9.46am
Thanks all.
I'd say that the guy doesn't have a very nice life and that I doubt it will improve....

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: