Life expectancy in Southwark

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 11 June 2013 12.57pm
Don't take life too seriously, it's only temporary.
The mine of info and statistics on 'longerlives' is mind boggling. I would prefer to die before 75 and enjoy life rather than live to 100 by denying myself some of life's pleasures.

Southwark is 115th out of 150 in National rankings

But comparing similar local authorities:
Southwark is better than avg | 6th out of 15
Southwark is in Socioeconomic decile 3

If you navigate to Southwark you can analyse causes of death in Southwark (61 suicides!)
Wednesday 12 June 2013 9.45am
Phoney
Why choose to die before 75 when you could live longer enjoying the pleasures of life for longer. People can enjoy life more after 75 because they have less responsibilties, more money, more free time and generally are beholden to nobody.
And then there are those whose lives are misery and it ain't restricted to 75+ but is usually lack of money.
The "old money" families seem to live long healthy happy lives enjoying the best of everything from the cradle to the grave. Join them if you can and have the best of all worlds.
Wednesday 12 June 2013 10.41am
Thebunhouse

I'd love to live forever if we could stop the ageing process. It's the quality of life that matters, not the length. This is the worst time to be alive because we know there are routine medical advances such as face/limb etc; on the horizon and even having your brain transplanted into a cloned body.

There's not much "old money" in Southwark, but there seems to be plenty of "new money", most of which is the sort that doesn't show up on tax returns.
Monday 17 June 2013 8.32am
Reminds me of my favourite ever headline in that great oracle of doom and gloom, the South London Press. 'SOUTH LONDON IS KILLING YOU!', huge capitals taking up the whole front page. It was for another similar report about health, life expectancy, crime etc. SLP seemed very proud of the fact. It was like something out of a John Waters movie.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: