Flaming Hell-Johnny Cash & his Ring of Fire hiding in Shad Thames

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 14 June 2013 4.19pm
Over the past few weeks, I have heard the dulcet tones of Johnny Cash singing the chorus to "Ring of Fire" over a loud haler in the Shad Thames area. Much as I love that song, once I get it into my head I want to extinguish the flames of his burning desire. Any ideas where this is coming from-a new Fire Brigade warning, a pop up chilli food van......?
Friday 14 June 2013 4.54pm
Its an old fire engine campaigning against the fire station closure
Friday 14 June 2013 5.16pm
I'm actually jealous that I cannot here it.
Friday 14 June 2013 6.35pm
It was parked up by City Hall at lunchtime and you could hear it clearly much further up Tooley Street, outside the magistrates' court. It drives around too and has been driving round the area for a couple of months now, though I hadn't heard it for a week or so until today.
Friday 14 June 2013 6.42pm
I have wondered what that was! Have heard it a few times from my roof in OKR and thought it must have been the extremely loud ringtone of one of the neighbours!
Friday 14 June 2013 10.24pm
Mystery solved.

It is the really f'ing annoying, on going problem, of the Pedibus.

There is an SE1 news article about the nuisance here.

I watched a drunken fool fall off one of these dangerous contraptions last Saturday on the junction of Tooley Street and Lafone Street. A following car had to take avoiding actions to miss the idiot.

I am guessing that the council is waiting until someone (very drunk) is badly injured or killed on one of these ridiculous contraptions so that they can ban them with a certainty of success.

Oh, and I love Johnny Cash - but he does at least 6 circuits past my place every Saturday pedalled by morons. Come on Johnny - you are better than the pedalling tw*ts!!!
Saturday 15 June 2013 12.25am
BSB, as Mojonojo says, this is an old H-reg Dennis fire engine which only seems to 'run' on weekdays . It only has the one soundtrack and it's got quite funny posters of Boris Johnson in an army hat (I think) on the back and sides.

The good old Pedibus - I hate them too - will be out in force for the obligatory six circuits tomorrow!
Saturday 15 June 2013 6.08am
Ah, thanks mate. Seems like Johnny is doing the rounds in more ways than one - top man!
Saturday 15 June 2013 8.01am
We could suggest some other songs for the campaigning fire engine's soundtrack.

To get started, how about Burning Desire (Jimi Hendrix), Fire (Crazy World of Arthur Brown) and, given the anticipated extended journey times, How Long Has This Been Going On (George and Ira Gershwins)?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: