Dry Cleaners Great Suffolk Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
jw
Saturday 15 June 2013 11.40am
I have been using this dry cleaners for many years - twice now expensive shirts have come back covered in what looks like bleach stains.

Having asked for an explanation I was told that no one else had a problem and it must have been caused by me (although I don't remember any acid burns and I never wash the shirts at home because I wanted to keep them in good nick!)

They charged me for the "clean" of the shirt still as "we don't do shirt cleans for free".

When i suggested they pay for the shirt I was told they would but not the price I paid as I had already had it a few months and so it wasn't worth the full price any more - last time I checked, a shirt wasn't like a car.

100 worth of shirts out of pocket - very disappointing.

Word of warning for others.
Saturday 15 June 2013 3.48pm
Thanks for the warning, shame I just dropped a load of dry cleaning off to them.
I find them quite expensive, and I was thinking of using the dry cleaners on Borough High Street, which is slightly further away, but hopefully better.

Has anyone had any experience of the dry cleaners on the High Street ??
Monday 17 June 2013 12.35pm
I used to use the dry cleaners on Borough High Street by the junction with Trinity Street until they ruined a shirt.

I switched to Great Suffolk Street and haven't had a problem yet. They are expensive for things like duvets, but perhaps that's all cleaners!
Monday 17 June 2013 12.51pm
I am pretty certain, despite the size of the shop, that they send shirts off to one of the huge shirt washing / ironing factories, not do them themselves.
Monday 17 June 2013 12.58pm
I have used Spots Dry Cleaning on Great Guildford St since they opened and have been happy with their service. I frequently ask for next day and they have always accomodated the request. Customer service is also good.
Monday 17 June 2013 1.09pm
I took a pair of trousers to be altered to Great Suffolk Street once when they first opened. Went to collect after a week and was told they were not ready, a week later, I returned to collect and was told they couldn't do them. They only needed to be taken up a little. Never been back. I use the one on Blackfriars Road, never had a problem there, though how long they will remain there is anybody's guess with the planned redevelopment.
Monday 17 June 2013 1.45pm
se1lurker wrote:
I am pretty certain, despite the size of the shop, that they send shirts off to one of the huge shirt washing / ironing factories, not do them themselves.

This is the case with the one on Borough High St, near Trinity St. Or it was when I was last let down by them 18 months ago, when they were frantically phoning around to find out when my stuff would be returned to the shop!
Monday 17 June 2013 2.50pm
Have you tried Eco Cleaners on Tower Bridge Road? I hear they are very good ;-)

Well, someone had to, didn't they.
Monday 17 June 2013 4.25pm
ElizabethR wrote:
I have used Spots Dry Cleaning on Great Guildford St since they opened and have been happy with their service. I frequently ask for next day and they have always accomodated the request. Customer service is also good.
I recently had 5 shirts done at Spot and I thought they are quite good as well, especially for 1.50 per shirt.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: