New front door

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 17 June 2013 9.12pm
Can anyone recommend a company who changes doors?

Many thanks
Monday 17 June 2013 11.44pm
What kind of door are you thinking of? Upvc, composite, wooden?
Tuesday 18 June 2013 12.31am
It does depend on why you are asking. Nice
but not cheap.
Prevent intrusion, go to Banhams, even more expensive.

Not worried, go to B&Q

On intrusion, look very hard at the the front, and all, of the entry points of your house. No point in having a brilliant front door if they can come in through the windows.
Good luck
Tuesday 18 June 2013 8.28am
Thanks! It is currently UPVC but ideally I would like to change it to a wooden one.
Tuesday 18 June 2013 10.17am
You could always buy the door and get a Southwark council contrator to do it,my mum in law (private house) has used them quite a bit lately and was happy with them,I think you pay an hourly rate.
Tuesday 18 June 2013 11.26am
London Door Co are worth every penny if you want something special
Tuesday 18 June 2013 7.41pm
hi, it depends what your looking for, my company provides high quality services, but we are not really cheap, if you want to have a look click here
Thursday 20 June 2013 3.57pm
My neighbour manages the Penge branch of the London Door Company - his front door is very nice!
Sunday 27 April 2014 7.51pm
If you fancy a wooden door and you are prepared to do a bit of sanding/painting, you could fit a reclaimed one. Plenty on ebay or at reclamation yards like Alladins Cave in Lewisham. Just look for something with the same dimensions as your existing one.

As a bonus, old doors seem to be much better made (ie stronger) than new ones!
Monday 28 April 2014 12.07pm
vickt wrote:
Can anyone recommend a company who changes doors?

Before you go further are you in a house or flat with a door onto a balcony or in a flat with the door into a lobby?

If you are in the later you should consult you landlord before doing anything to ascertain exactly what sort of door you should install and what sort of fire protection it should provide. You should ignore the sort of door you have now since far too many flats have had their safe fire resisting front doors replaced with very unsafe non fire resisting ones. This is dangerous to everyone resident in the building.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: