Tower O on Tower bridge RIP

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 20 June 2013 8.31pm
Does anyone know why the fabulous tower o has shut? Went to get my dins and was so sad to see Orvilles note!!
Friday 21 June 2013 1.09pm
Hi Julia, when I last went a couple of months ago Orville mentioned to me that they do close a couple of months a year and they planned to this year as well but they will reopen I think end of July so don't be to disheartened.
Friday 21 June 2013 2.12pm
Doesn't his note say they are closed for refurb until July? Or is there another note?
Friday 21 June 2013 2.16pm
It does say that and all I can say is that they will reopen, let's just rejoice and be glad in that :-)
Sunday 23 June 2013 9.30pm
Not again?! They did this last year and i was sad then. Ok i will get akee and saltfish again soon! Good news
Friday 6 September 2013 8.23am
Does anyone know what's happened to O Tower? Passed by last night after a weeks holiday and saw a legal notice on the door that the owners had taken back control of the shop. It's a shame if O tower has gone for good. I always enjoyed the food and the brusque welcome from Sheila!
Friday 6 September 2013 10.09am
They only just had a refurb, shame if it is closed :(
Friday 6 September 2013 10.40pm
I was slightly perplexed by the refurb - it lasted several months, and yet the restaurant didn't look any different when it reopened.

I enjoyed the food here, but I'm not sure Orville's business acumen matched his cooking. Important to any restaurant's success (with very few exceptions) are decor, atmosphere, consistent opening hours, signage and marketing; all of which left a lot to be desired here.

Nonetheless, a shame. Despite its faults, I liked this place and will miss it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: