Any recommendations for someone to fit lino?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 23 June 2013 4.48pm
My concrete kitchen floor needs fitting with lino (provided), including the wooden underlay, plus some temporarily removed adjoining laminate needs re-fitting. First guy has let me down when a bigger job came in. Any recommendations?
Monday 24 June 2013 9.06am
I'd recommend putting it on ratedpeople.co.uk. We've used it a few times in the last year. You'll get a price from three different people and you can go with the one you prefer. I've not been disappointed with any of the people I've had from there as they've all been professional and keen to maintain their feedback (which you can leave after if you want to).

Another alternative is to call Carpetright on the Old Kent Road and ask for the telephone number of one of their self-employed fitters or a fitting-only service. They charge, I think, 4psqm for installation. We had them here at the end of April and the guys moved the fridge and washing machine out for me at no extra cost.
Monday 24 June 2013 1.09pm
How about Scotts near the dentist in tower bridge road? Mum bought some offcuts of carpet there, but the fitting cost more than the carpet...but Mums hallway was a very fiddly job, loads of doors and the result was excellent, I would ring them also as at least you can go around and discuss your needs, come to think of it my daughter had an excellent job done by them for her kitchen which was massive.
Monday 24 June 2013 4.28pm
A word of caution from bitter experience. Is it real Linoleum you'll be laying or a vinyl floor covering? There is a big difference between them, as Linoleum is really quite stiff, is brittle when you bend it and takes more skill to work with - so if it is this you are laying, make sure who ever you get has had experience of working with the material. (I wish I knew this last year when we had Linoleum laid really badly...) Good luck!
Monday 24 June 2013 5.32pm
We used to keep all floor covering in a warm place before laying vinyl as it made it pliable, in the good old days only the very posh people had real Linoleum and the school craft classrooms for lino cuts!
Monday 24 June 2013 11.03pm
Thanks all. Will try those, and report back.
Zoe
Monday 24 June 2013 11.09pm
That would be great as I'd like to get some fitted as well.
Tuesday 25 March 2014 3.13pm
Found this thread when searching the forum archive...

I need someone to help fit a new vinyl (or similar) floor cover in my kitchen as existing one is scored/marked.

The plastic(?) floor tiles in bathroom are also sunbleached and coming off the floor.

Any recommendations of people who can help me do either or both jobs?

Thanks
Tuesday 25 March 2014 3.39pm
Email edgarsu89@googlemail.com - Lithuanian builder, he floored my friend's entire flat and did some work in mine as well.

A copy and paste from an email to me, they do:

- Home repairs
- Painting
- Plastering
- Flooring
- Tiling
- Furniture assembling
- Mirrors, frames, shelves fitting
- And any other odd jobs around the house
Tuesday 25 March 2014 5.08pm
We've just had proper Lino laid by Lordship Lane Carpets. We had originally had some Lino installed by cowboys subcontracted to our builder who confused Lino with Vinyl...the devil is in the detail. If it is proper stiff linoleum, do ask your installer for references...as it is a very skilled job. Good luck

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: