Duvet cleaning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 26 June 2013 7.40am
Does anyone know whether there is a place in Borough where I can get a winter duvet cleaned? Thanks
Wednesday 26 June 2013 8.57am
The dry cleaners at the junction of BHS and Great Suffolk St offer this service and reasonably priced.
Wednesday 26 June 2013 11.12am
Take it to the laundromat...it willcome up clean and smell lovely.
Wednesday 26 June 2013 11.30am
The launderette on Long Lane/Crosby Row has large machines
which are ideal for duvets and they do service wash too.
Wednesday 26 June 2013 11.48am
I had my kingsize winter duvet cleaned at the place on Great Suffolk Street last week. It was 40.00 which seemed high. Is that normal?
Wednesday 26 June 2013 2.29pm
That does seem high, Truthmonkey, but ours was about 35 and the woman in the launderette said it was the drying - I think 1 makes it work for something stupid like five minutes - Abbey Street launderette. It was still damp too.
Jac
Wednesday 26 June 2013 6.37pm
Eileen wrote:
The launderette on Long Lane/Crosby Row has large machines
which are ideal for duvets and they do service wash too.

I have had mine done here before if I remember right last time it was about 9 as a service wash. They part dry in the machines and hang them out in the shop at night to reduce the cost. If it cost me 40.00 to clean them I would just buy a cheaper duvet and replace more frequently.
Thursday 27 June 2013 6.06am
I can recommend Spot Dry cleaners. Picked up my double feather duvet on Tuesday 25 if you have a Buzz Card.
Thursday 27 June 2013 10.52am
I agree with jackie, take it to the laundromat and if you have the space hang it over a door..I would always be dubious about chemically cleaning duvets as several years ago a married couple died after taking their newly cleaned duvet out of the plastic and placing it on their bed instead of airing it completely.
Monday 1 July 2013 5.22pm
Thanks everyone! I shall try the one in Long Lane, as it is closest to me.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: