No flies on us...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 26 June 2013 10.50am
The co-op in great dover street that is, after going into local shop who surprisingly only had ant spray or wasp nest destroyer, thought I would hobble over to the good old co-op, only to find they dont's stock it and never have, so are we in se1 too posh to have flies one may ask? opening the living room window just brings enormous black flies in, despite using bin powder...so will just suffocate instead...made worse of course by fortnightly bin collections :-(
Wednesday 26 June 2013 11.11am
Are those sticky things one hung from the lampshade a thing of the past?
Wednesday 26 June 2013 11.51am
No Jackie, I think you can still buy them in poundshops possibly, but I think Wilkos sell them. Trouble is my ceilings are so high and it would be a bit dodgy climbing up to the lampshade at my weight! I just don't understand why something so basic as flyspray is not sold in the co-op. Just thought the flies may be increasing due to mouse problem we had a few weeks back, being in a terrace the little devils have free run back and forth, have paid a fortune over the years, resorted to poison, expensive repellant electric objects, glue traps,humane mousetraps, deadly break their back traps, grand total of dead mice I have seen? about 6! so there may be dead mice under the floor boards..:-(
Wednesday 26 June 2013 11.52am
Hi Jan. Both Tesco and ASDA have it. If you're an online shopping gal there seems to be a few options on Amazon.
Thursday 27 June 2013 1.17am
What I don't understand about flies is why, when the light is off, they fly round and round the light bulb, and when you turn it on they disappear!

I've got a bug catcher from Lakeland - it's meant to be for hoovering up spiders and humanely releasing them out the window, but I have managed to catch flies with it. They don't get the humane treatment, though, dirty little b*****s
Thursday 27 June 2013 5.27pm
Ever since the Costcutter on TBR became a Co-op, the selection has got worse. You can't buy a small item anymore. It's either the largest size or a multipack. And they claim they have no room for newspapers.
I thought too that the Co-op was created to help the working class? Some of the prices are extortionate. Bring back the Costcuters I say. They were much better value despite the checkout staff spending all their time on their mobiles.
Thursday 27 June 2013 6.54pm
Once when I was ill lying in bed I spent ages watching a fly hover round the light fitting in the centre of the room, I got to wondering why they always circle a light fitting in the centre of a room and yet never seem to land; for the first time in my life, as I thought this to myself it proceeded to plonk itself on said ceiling rose. I felt I had witnessed something special.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: