Police cordon on Avon Place

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 29 June 2013 8.59pm
Does anyone know why Avon Place has been cordoned off by the police since 2pm this afternoon?

When I enquired of the community support officer I just got a vague response that something might have happened early Saturday morning.

It's still cordoned off at 10pm Saturday.
Sunday 30 June 2013 10.15am
A neighbour of mine was told there had been 'a serious assault' there at about 3.00 am on Friday night/Saturday morning.
Sunday 30 June 2013 11.22am
John C wrote:
A neighbour of mine was told there had been 'a serious assault' there at about 3.00 am on Friday night/Saturday morning.
Worrying. There was an assault behind the Peabody Estate off Great Guildford St. as well a few weeks ago - in broad daylight and apparently the police asked residents if they'd heard screaming. My "source" doesn't know whether someone was apprehended. I understand the police don't have too much information / shouldn't share too much information, but residents should at least be made aware of any immediate danger.
Sunday 30 June 2013 8.58pm
This is worrying. Does anyone have any more info? Perhaps there needs to be more lighting / security cameras etc around there. People should obviously look to avoid dark alleys like this in the early hours, but its a worry if something happened in daylight too.
Monday 1 July 2013 12.19pm
A forensics team visited at about 5pm on Sunday and the alley is now open again. Can't find any mention on the web.

Will have to wait and see what shows up here: http://www.police.uk/crime/?q=London+Borough+of+Southwark%2C+London+SE1+1BA%2C+UK#crimetypes/2013-05
Monday 1 July 2013 12.39pm
Info here: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/6935

Please do not discuss the specifics of the alleged crime or this thread will be closed.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 1 July 2013 1.24pm
That police website is interesting. I've just seen crimes report on my estate I never even knew had happened!!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: