Need a washing machine fixed - AVOID

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 1 July 2013 6.37pm
posted a few weeks back about needing a washing machine repair ....

so i googled and found this company : discount repairs

contacted them via there website and visit a phone call and a quote of maximum cost of repair 75

So visit booked and "engineer" arrived ..opened it up , found what he said was the fault and "fixed" it ....assured me it was now working smoothly and paid the 75 (pump was blocked apparently)

So used the washing machine about an hour after he left - and exact same problem ..wouldn't drain or spin and now just filled the machine up with bubbles !!!

Contacted them again ...assured me they would visit again the next day ....didnt turn up so phoned them said they were stuck on a previous call re-arranged a visit .....again didnt turn up nor contact to give reason

So just a warning use at your own risk ,,,,,
Thursday 4 July 2013 5.57pm
I have a great man if you still need someone?
Thursday 4 July 2013 9.15pm
guapa46 wrote:
I have a great man if you still need someone?

Yes, but what about the washing machine?
Thursday 4 July 2013 10.17pm
Knew I should have rewritten that!! :-)
Thursday 4 July 2013 10.37pm
Bet it's the brushes,it's always the brushes,well 9/10 times anyway,I reckon he knew that while he was on the phone,hence the price given over it,he's pinched them back in place which can last a month or an hour depending on your luck,it's not a big job to replace them.......

still needs an expert but shouldn't cost fortunes.
Friday 5 July 2013 1.35pm
Decided to just get a new one , to be fair the one I have at the moment was second hand, and I have had it for over 8 years.

Now, can anyone recommend someone to take away the old one ? The couple of recycling companies I have contacted are quoting 50 to remove it !!!
Friday 5 July 2013 1.50pm
Ring Southwark Council they will collect it
Friday 5 July 2013 2.38pm
tried the council - they will only pick it up if its left outside the house - they wont collect it from a 2nd floor flat and i have no way of getting it down the stairs :S
Friday 5 July 2013 6.28pm
Where are you based Ninja?
Saturday 6 July 2013 12.57am
In waterloo - just off the cut
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: