The Horse - Westminster Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 3 July 2013 4.48pm
Its been closed all week and looks like a referb. Does anyone know if it will re-open?
Thursday 4 July 2013 12.54pm
I'd like to know too. Always looked crap from the outside but I've wondered recently if this place is any good, Pops?
Thursday 4 July 2013 12.56pm
was pretty crap on the inside too so hopefully things looking up....
Thursday 4 July 2013 1.30pm
The food was really good, they had a Thai kitchen. Curious if/when they will re-open and if the Thai kitchen will return or something else?
Thursday 4 July 2013 2.11pm
It was OK. Reasonable range of food and drinks, pleasant staff.

It had a useful function room with a stage and glitter ball in which was good for putting on events. I hope that's not gone.

Didn't routinely open at weekends, though, limiting its appeal as a 'local'.
Monday 8 July 2013 12.04pm
Second the comment about the function room - good location, room had good capacity, stage and free hire if the bar spend was sufficient (we had no problem with this!)... Hope the new incarnation includes a similar facility
Monday 8 July 2013 4.34pm
Hi,

I know that it's going to reopen and particularly focus on brunches both English and American style. It's been taken over by the same people that run the Walrus on Lower Marsh. Not sure when the refurb will be done though.

Has anyone tried the newly refurbished Carriage 34/Ruby Lounge on Lower Marsh? I saw them giving it a bit of a make over the other week.
Monday 8 July 2013 5.45pm
Popstar23 wrote:
...I know that it's going to reopen and particularly focus on brunches both English and American style.

Does that mean it's going to be open at the weekends then? At mid-week brunch-times, I'm busy pretending to work.
jw
Wednesday 17 July 2013 1.17pm
Wednesday 17 July 2013 2.02pm
I was just walking past and stopped for a chat with the owner and the manager.

I forgot to ask about weekend opening, but the function room and stage will remain.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: