BEWARE THIEF in Royal Mail Mandela Way Office

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
RW
Saturday 13 July 2013 3.38am
I am sent two packages within the same week and NOT received neither of them...

I returned home to find a card saying the package was to big for the postbox and is waiting for at the my local Royal Mail Delivery Office on Mandela Way. I call the office to confirm the package is there and I was told 'It's here and I send it out again' it has now been over 2 weeks and I haven't received nothing!

When I went to office to ask what happened I was told quite blatantly 'Its not a coincidence TWO packages have not been delivered its probably the post man!'
I was giving a Customer Service card and told to complain and my number was also taken as someone was going to contact me to find out what had happened; again it has been over a week and NO contact has been made.

I don't understand how my package can been stolen within the redelivery service and the other package to just vanish.

You don't have to look far on the Internet to find the complaints and issues with this office, only last year 2012 Simon Hughes MP for North Southwark & Norman Lamb Postal Affairs Minister had to get involved regarding post being stolen, lost and terrible customer service.

O yeah if trying to get hold of the office its only by shear chance they will answer the phone. The sad thing is the staff know post is being stolen and know one has done nothing about.

Finally my advice to any one using Royal Mail is to never use there 1st Class Standard service it will never get there stick with Recorded at least you can record where the package is.
Saturday 13 July 2013 8.24am
Simon Hughes is going back in to Mandela Way. Go into the police station in person and report it and get a crime reference number. Email the head office phil.northage@royalmail .com and state it as a criminal investigation
sadly a lot of residents have been through the same. You must go to the police. Also report it to Judy Abel at SH's office
Saturday 13 July 2013 2.14pm
Exactly the same thing has happened to me on about 4 occasions.
Zoe
Saturday 13 July 2013 3.16pm
You should ask at your nearest post office. Several times my parcels have been delivered there (without me asking or being told of course!).
Saturday 13 July 2013 7.01pm
I have a Tesco loyalty card and every 3 months they convert my points to vouchers. My last lot of vouchers did not arrive, so I checked online to find that they sent me £17 of vouchers.
I did not receive them but my online statement showed that they were cashed in at the Islington branch of Tesco’s.
I reported it to Tesco customer services who immediately credited the points to me without question.
Although they credited my points back into my account it does distract that the original vouches were intercepted in the post and used fraudulently by persons unknown.
It makes you think how much of this goes unreported.
Sunday 14 July 2013 12.46pm
report to the police all- that is the only thing that will make any difference- have had all these experiences including voucher theft -even when sent by recorded delivery- Get a crime ref number- let the police go in and report it to Royal Mail Head office- But POLICE first
RW
Monday 15 July 2013 10.26am
Hello, Thanks for the advice, I think I'll pop into the Southwark Police this week and see what they say...

Checked my nearest Post Office on Southwark Bridge Rd Nothing!

I let you know how things go

Thanks again

Reiss
Monday 15 July 2013 1.57pm
My advice from the Police was to go in and get a crime reference in person- then go on to report it to appropriate bodies
Friday 26 July 2013 11.43am
We definitely have a problem in Mandela way with the post. We live on Long Lane and have had three packages that have not turned up in the last two weeks. Our pin numbers also failed to arrive so we have had to cancel our cards. Very frustrating, to make things worse one of the packages were toys for our children and luckily the company has promised to resend them and this time on recorded delivery.

However to make things worse there is nowhere to report it directly with Royal Mail, their customer service is an expensive 0845 number and it's all a pre-recorded message so you can't even flag up the problem so it can be investigated internally. Terrible way to run a business/service. I Hate Royal Mail - useless!
Friday 26 July 2013 12.07pm
This has been a problem for a long time and there seems to be no improvement. Have a look at this website for details on how to complain on-line or in writing (thus avoiding the horrendous automated telephone system) and also information on how to escalate your complaint if you are not satisfied with the response. The higher the number of complaints they receive, the better the chance of something actually getting done about it.

http://www.consumerfocus.org.uk/get-advice/post/post-advice/how-to-complain

The Consumer Focus website says it's no longer being updated which is true but only since May 2013 so this information is still accurate - they don't have it available on their new Consumer Futures website.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: