Casse-Croûte Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 14 July 2013 4.43pm
I went to the opening today and loved it. The sample menu they served was delicious with old fashioned bistro fare, in an old fashioned bistro atmosphere. Very well done. The sad thing is that I predict long queues- this is going to be a hit.

Welcome to Bermondsey Street- it just what we need: simple french food!
Monday 15 July 2013 3.19pm
Maurits - I'm thinking of going for an early dinner tonight (as need a bit of cheering up!), can you give me some examples of what was on the menu pls..?
Monday 15 July 2013 3.31pm
I think they open tomorrow.

There were little samples of Escargots, Poulpe (octopus) tete de veau, rillettes, boudin noir, macarons, tarte aux fraises and clafoutis.

But, mind you, this was all finger food and I have no idea what their regular menu will offer, although I can imagine it would be a bit more mainstream than the things we had yesterday.
Monday 15 July 2013 3.37pm
Ah, OK.. I'd read on a catering website that they were opening on the 14th - but maybe that was just the opening thing you went to.

Sounds great though, thanks - I'll probably pop round anyway and if not attempt to get a stool in Jose (or try Tanner & Co I guess).
Monday 15 July 2013 5.55pm
where is it?
Monday 15 July 2013 5.57pm
The old Village Deli at the corner of Tanner Street

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 15 July 2013 9.17pm
food I tasted on the sunday was fantastic.. it's a winner. get a table before you can't. will be mobbed as soon as reviews hit and it's tiny.
Tuesday 16 July 2013 1.17pm
Does anyone have telephone number for bookings?
Searched the internet and couldnt find one.
Many thanks
Tuesday 16 July 2013 3.56pm
EWJ1974 wrote:
Does anyone have telephone number for bookings?
Searched the internet and couldnt find one.
Many thanks
Although the food sounds exciting, I have been a bit apprehensive as it sounds like one of those places where you can't book a table... I might be (hope I am) wrong and would be glad to stand corrected!
Tuesday 16 July 2013 7.43pm
I walked past the restaurant this evening and it was heaving. The good news is that I booked for tomorrow night- they do take reservations, although only for tables after 20h00.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: