Wawa restaurant-still open!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 14 July 2013 10.41pm
Drove past Wawa-one of my favourite restaurants in TBR area & was so upset to see it might have closed. Although sometimes a bit on the quiet side, it has always been a great source of well made Japanese dishes with really friendly & helpful staff (I'm an embarrassing sushi/sashimi novice btw). Website says they have had a bad water leak which has resulted in closing the restaurant & undertaking some structural work.

Hope they open soon-they are a refreshing change to all the chain restaurants in the area. If you haven't visited, please do when they re-open. You won't be disappointed.
Monday 15 July 2013 8.48am
They have the floorboards up at the moment - been up for a few weeks now. Hopefully they will reopen soon.
Monday 15 July 2013 12.30pm
Just had a look at the menu, looks great! Will definitely go when it re-opens.
Monday 22 July 2013 10.17am
Wawa on Tower Bridge Road had to shut about a month ago because of a water leak. Does anyone know when it might be reopening?
Monday 22 July 2013 11.30am
Been closed 2 months now. They have a Twitter feed here - but it offers no fresh info.
Friday 8 November 2013 9.51pm
Anyone know what has happened to Wawa? The food there was excellent every time we visited - and the staff there were very friendly and professional. A lovely little place that would have been packed out if it had been on Bermondsey Street - unfortunately it seems that insufficient customers were prepared to venture as far as the North end of Tower Bridge Road. I hope they haven't gone for good - but they will have been closed for 6 months soon, so not looking good.
Thursday 23 January 2014 11.56am
The place appears to be completely gutted now, my guess is it is not opening again.
Saturday 25 January 2014 2.49pm
Anything that opens in that shop seems doomed. HOpe they open elsewhere in the area.
Sunday 26 January 2014 10.35pm
Really sorry to see this happen. It was doing all right until the problems with the leak. I went quite a few times and enjoyed good food there - very fresh sashimi. The site is a blighted one, but this appears to be a particularly serious case of bad luck.
Thursday 6 February 2014 11.28pm
Such a shame - Wawa was an excellent and reasonably priced Japanese restaurant and it would have thrived on Bermondsey Street. Seems that a lot of potential customers have so little imagination that they don't walk 2 or 3 minutes off the beaten track
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: