One Tower Bridge noisy neighbours

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 17 July 2013 3.43pm
Wandering through Potters Field park today and musing on whether the estate agents are warning buyers of the north facing flats in the posh new One Tower Bridge Berkeley home development of their sometimes noisy neighbour. Party in the Park video
Wednesday 17 July 2013 3.50pm
The park will probably end up as their gardens.
Wednesday 17 July 2013 4.11pm
And there might be objections then that it shouldn't be a park as it is affecting their quality of life!
Wednesday 26 March 2014 1.03am
The monstrosity that is One Tower Bridge has turned Tower Bridge on the south side into a dark and dismal place, completing obscuring any view to the left until you're nearly over the water. What used to be a nice bright approach to the bridge is now horrible.
Wednesday 26 March 2014 12.38pm
And walking North over Tower Bridge from the South side feels like walking through a tunnel. Awful.
Wednesday 26 March 2014 12.45pm
Boss St Bloke wrote:
And walking North over Tower Bridge from the South side feels like walking through a tunnel. Awful.

The monstrosity that is One Tower Bridge has turned Tower Bridge on the south side into a dark and dismal place, completing obscuring any view to the left until you're nearly over the water. What used to be a nice bright approach to the bridge is now horrible.

I sadly agree.
Saturday 29 March 2014 12.25pm
It used to be a car park and now it's going to be flashy apartments. I think it's a huge improvement personally.

Maybe extending the park would have been preferable but who's going to pay for that when there's a ton of money to be made?
Saturday 29 March 2014 1.34pm
Walked through Potters field for the first time in a few months today. For 4 years I used that route to and from work, so I know it very well - I am shocked at how dark the new block the park makes, especially on a sunny day like this. Truly, truly horrible.
Saturday 29 March 2014 8.16pm
Just goes to show what a complete sham are the quasi scientific light and visual impact studies on the council planning website, and the consultants who prepare them and dance to the tune of the developer.
Tuesday 1 April 2014 9.00pm
SERES wrote:
Just goes to show what a complete sham are the quasi scientific light and visual impact studies on the council planning website, and the consultants who prepare them and dance to the tune of the developer.

Actually the daylight/sunlight report is largely about impacts on nearby residential uses and on the units within the development itself. The issue is the overshadowing of the park and that was clearly shown and an important consideration. I should point out that the previous scheme that was granted by John Prescott in 2006 would have cast a larger shadow on the park.

I'm not saying that it's ideal, but that the impact was considered in taking the decision.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: