Fly Tipping on Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 17 July 2013 4.08pm
Along the pavement outside the basketball court half way down Long lane there is all manner of junk flytipped - smashed cisterns, flooring, bags of rubble, chairs, bikes(?), scrap metal etc..

This has grown bigger by a van-load every day for the last 2 weeks. It seems someone in the area is having a nice interior refit and their builders are flagrantly 'disposing' of the rubbish along the street.

Anyone know any more?
Wednesday 17 July 2013 4.26pm
Silly question, have you reported it to the council? They are pretty good at collecting fly tipped rubbish if informed
Wednesday 17 July 2013 4.55pm
Hi there,

Is this a recurrent problem, or recent? I have emailed the council and am waiting for a response.

Karl Eastham
Thursday 18 July 2013 8.23am
We had a letter through the door from Southwark regarding fly tipping on our street, threatening some hefty fines etc if people were caught doing it, so they do take the offence seriously. Long Lane is a busy enough road at most times of the day that you'd think someone would see something.

I hasten to add the letter was not directly aimed at me!
Thursday 18 July 2013 11.04am
cctv cameras would solve this I am sure...at least when the dickheads are caught the fine would be substantial..I hope!
Thursday 18 July 2013 2.43pm
Yes the council cleared it away a week ago then just more appeared straight afterwards.

the kahunas on these guys!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: