St Mungos renovation work: Great Guildford Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 18 July 2013 11.30am
Is anyone else getting fed-up of the increasingly early morning starts of drilling by the construction workers at the St Mungo renovation site?

They are consistently starting before 08.00, which doesn't normally upset me, but whilst we have this heatwave, it would be great to be able to keep a couple of windows open and not be woken up to the sound of drilling!

I wrote to the council (noiseandnuisance@southwark.gov.uk)but I'm not sure that this will solve the problem by tomorrow morning.
Thursday 18 July 2013 10.54pm
Don't think they are officially allowed to start before 8am are they?
Phone the contractor -it usually works
Friday 19 July 2013 12.16pm
They definitely aren't allowed to start noisy work before 8am or after 6pm on a weekday - http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/412/noise_problems/379/construction_noise/1
Saturday 20 July 2013 8.19am
DiDi wrote:
I wrote to the council (noiseandnuisance@southwark.gov.uk)but I'm not sure that this will solve the problem by tomorrow morning.

Probably need to call the noise team rather than rely on email. If you are feeling up to it, go over and ask to see the site manager, who (hopefully) will be reasonable and have some respect for the rules if not the local residents right not to be disturbed outside certain hours! It may not be any consolation for your disturbed mornings but(I think) the noise team do have the power to close down the site.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: