Dog Fouling the footpaths and green areas.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 22 July 2013 10.18am
Dog owners, street drinkers with dogs allow thier dogs to foul the pavement. A wheelchair user got dog mess all over his hands, as the wheel went through a pile of crap. Very distressing to him and his carer and those who tried to help. The Cut.
Some people are allowing their dogs to run free on Hatfields Green, near The Cut.
They walk round with a plastic bag In hand AS IF they are going to pick up toxic crap. They don't. So it's no wonder local people, especially those with with children don't use the green spaces. These dog owners are not approachable.
We need some sort of patrol.
Monday 22 July 2013 10.28am
It's terrible, several years ago we had a problem with a very large dog who was allowed to foul immediately outside our door, now at that time my husband was very ill and a large amount of my time was sitting up with him, this cretin normally came along about 5am, the cretin being the owner not the dog! I hovered behind the door and when I hear the guy talking to his dog opened it and told him in no uncertain terms I would be following him home and scooping the results of his dogs bowels on his ********doorstep, he said sorry Im was trying to stop him and then I really went ballastic..

I am a dog lover and picking up the poo is part of dog ownership, do dog wardens still exist? and how many do we have in southwark?
Wednesday 24 July 2013 6.33pm
Got out of cab this afternoon fumbling for my keys, my nose assailed by the stinking elephant size poo 6inches from my front door, there is a very large dog nearby methinks, after trundling garden hose through the house managed to disperse it into kerb. am now contemplating a tip from the scptch bonnet link and spraying near the door, or would bin powder make him unable to smell where he did his business before..as a dog lover dont want to harm it..wont say what i would like to do with the owner though..
Monday 29 July 2013 9.33am
I am a dog owner and I get really annoyed with my fellow dog owners who don't pick up after their dogs. I've stepped in mess so many times when walking my own dog which is really frustrating. I've noticed a lot of the owners who don't clean up after their dogs also just discard rubbish in the streets / park which is also an issue. I don't think I have seen anyone approached about their dog mess or discarding rubbish. I think the council is right to be running the 'dog poo' campaign, but I think they need to join it up with getting people to pick up their rubbish too, not just their dog poo!
Monday 29 July 2013 10.41am
We are recent dog owners and it is absolutely appalling to see how much dog poo there is everywhere...! why get a dog when you cannot be bothered to pick up their poo. It's so bad for humans but also for other dogs who sniff and lick it and it's a constant watching out for it (and the rest of the crap people kindly discard on the floor every where)

Recently, in the green areas in SE1 (Millenium green, IWM park) there are also a lot of homeless people and drunk people relieving themselves everywhere so now it's not just dog poo, it's human excitements as well everywhere.

We saw a park warden the other day, he was making sure we were picking up our dog's poo. But where's more control??
Monday 29 July 2013 11.22am
Really sympathise with you federilli. Live in Nelson Square, lovely to see office workers taking their lunch break in the garden area but so unfair because that area is toxic with dog poo. We do have a lot of responsible dog owners and it is so not fair on those who cannot be bothered. We also have some regular drinkers taking up residence, usually on the seat under the fig trees, who use the immediate area behind as a loo. Not too bad today because of the rain but in hot dry weather the stench is appalling
Monday 29 July 2013 12.15pm
I thought I saw signs on the gates into middle of Nelson Square specifically banning dogs a few weeks ago. I remember pointing them out to an evidently illiterate dog walker.

Have they been taken down?
Monday 29 July 2013 3.51pm
Hey Phil, it's a long long story really, but signs are there and if they're not taken down they get ignored. Nelson Square is classified as a park. Some say because of that the signs should never have gone up in the first place because dogs are allowed on leads [I'm sure someone more knowledgable will correct me, I'm not an authority!] PArents get particularly upset especially when dogs run around without a lead in the children's play area. We had a problem with street drinkers and drugs users in Helen Gladstone Gardens [opposite Mbibe] but that seems to have calmed down a bit recently. Roll on summer!
Monday 14 September 2015 6.26pm
Further to the posts about dogs fouling in Nelson Square, there also seems to be an increase in dog mess on and around the paths leading out to Pocock Street. Seems there are dog owners coming from far and wide to exercise their dogs on the grass, letting them **** everywhere then just walking off. This is really unpleasant for people who live nearby in both Applegarth House and 44. Nelson Square.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: