The Post AGAIN

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 24 July 2013 10.52am
Well this a new one. I've just received an email from Royal Mail saying that a courier attempted to deliver a package last Thursday.

Sent to an old email address that I don't use, using my full name (which I also don't use) and telling me that they are entitled to charge me compensation for keeping it in their office if 30 days have elapsed.I clicked on the link and it looked like a legit Royal Mail Site, although their tracking info came up in coding. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't remember ordering anything, but concerned in case it's something official. Also concerned that it's a scam, have no idea where they would have got this email address.
Wednesday 24 July 2013 11.47am
seem to remember a scam was going around some time ago - ring RM Head Office check it out - sounds like they are scamming money
Wednesday 24 July 2013 11.53am
Sounds like a scam to me aswel. I've never had an email from RM about a parcel, only a card through the door.
Wednesday 24 July 2013 2.43pm
Wednesday 24 July 2013 4.06pm
...and the use of the word "courier" is another giveaway - as we know (but probably the foreigner who designed this e-mail doesn't), the Royal Mail doesn't employ "couriers".

The danger, LilaSE1, is that by clicking on the link you've already downloaded something nasty onto your computer, or given the scammer access to all the addresses on your e-mail contact list.

If you've got anti-virus software, I suggest you run a full scan.
Wednesday 24 July 2013 4.16pm
I did wonder about that 0.001 secs after I clicked on it. Doh.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: