sewing machine reapirs?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 29 July 2013 1.11pm
Has anyone got suggestions for local sewing machine repair please? The machine is pretty old and perhaps can't be fixed but I'd like to check before I give up on it... Anywhere local I could take it for a diagnosis?
Monday 29 July 2013 2.30pm
A similar question was asked some years ago (but I can't remember what the answer was). The search function might yield something. Good luck.

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 29 July 2013 5.11pm
Don't know about SE1 way but when I was given a second hand sewing maching and not a clue how to use it, someone recommended Chapman Sewing Machines, Address: 80 Parkway, London NW1 7AN Phone:020 7485 0140. They give sewing machine lessons, have spare parts and do repairs. Go to Camden tube [or 168 bus]. Parkway is out of the tube, turn left then right into Parkway and a little way up on the right. IF anyone knows a similar place in SE London by the way, that would be useful!
Tuesday 30 July 2013 10.44am
Used to be a shop near the clocktower in lewisham...what make and model is it, because perhaps you could contact the manufactureres in uk and ask where repairs could be dealt with.. I still have Mums sewing machine and IO am sure i could get spares somewhere, her machine was made in about 1913! one I had twenty years ago a portable electric was deemed to be obsolete at 12 years!
Tuesday 30 July 2013 10.48am
thank you for all the suggestions so far - the Chapmans in Camden option seems most likely so far - will let you know if I find anything more local.... thanks
Tuesday 30 July 2013 10.51am
haha...found it....0208 692 1077 third generations shop...181 deptford high street . se8 3nt, hope they can help...
Tuesday 30 July 2013 1.01pm
We ended up with an ancient Singer sewing machine when my cousin distributed bits and pieces that he found in an old deceased aunt's house to the family.
We had no idea how to even start to see if it worked, but we found a guy in N.W. London who came to Rotherhithe and serviced it and showed us how to work it.
His number is keyed into my cell under his surname, Zudovas 07786 193889.
It wasn't expensive.
Tuesday 30 July 2013 2.07pm
http://www.wimsewretail.co.uk/ this is the one I was thinking of (but couldn't remember) yesterday.

Colliers Wood tube. In darker days, in a momentary lapse of reason, we lived nearby for a brief time.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 30 July 2013 2.48pm
Not SE1 but Battersea Park Road; bang on the 344 route though. They've been there for donkey's. I have no personal experience but as they've been going so long, I assume they know what they're doing.

Direct Sewing Machines

No connection either.
Tuesday 30 July 2013 4.20pm
I've used Direct sewing machines too - they'll give you a quote before doing any work on your machine too.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: