Tanner Street Closed

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 30 July 2013 7.40pm
Tanner Street has been closed today for roadworks and there is a diversion from Tower Bridge Road. Anyone know why?
Wednesday 31 July 2013 8.18am
Roadworks.
Wednesday 31 July 2013 10.24am
I resisted doing that joke.
Wednesday 31 July 2013 7.43pm
Water, electricity, gas?
Thursday 1 August 2013 10.19am
spych102 wrote:
Water, electricity, gas?

It doesn't look to be any of the utilities, as they'd have to register the works http://streetworks.southwark.gov.uk/search.asp?searchtype=road&usrn=22502466
Friday 2 August 2013 2.26pm
I ran past the roadworks this lunchtime and asked. Apparently they are fixing a collapsed drain. I mentioned that really they should have registered this with the council website. Tut tut..
Saturday 3 August 2013 9.43am
Yes, but at least they're doing the work. Better that than they register it on the Council site and then do nothing. Collapsed drains can be dangerous for cyclists and also cars.
Wednesday 7 August 2013 10.07pm
With the temporary closure of Tanner Street we've noticed a significant reduction in the morning rat-run traffic on Leathermarket Street. What can be done to make this reduction permanent, ie to reduce the traffic cutting through from Tower Bridge Road to Long Lane via Tanner Street/Leathermarket Street/Weston Street? With St Thomas Street blocked off Tanner Street is used as a cut through. The morning traffic speeding along Leathermarket Street has got worse and worse and disturbingly starts picking up as early as 5am. Who can we contact? Council or TFL? Thank you.
Thursday 12 March 2015 9.59pm
I totally agree with above. I just posted something about traffic calming measures on Tanner Street and think the council should seriously consider closing down the entry from Tower Bridge Road (or make it through traffic only) as well as opening up Druid Street for the traffic to go through. Lots of taxis, lorries and motorcyclists keep speeding through Tanner Street and Leather Market Street and it has gotten worse over time.
Friday 13 March 2015 1.24am
I also totally agree as a resident of Leathermarket Street. I posted on this forum some time ago about my concerns and suggested that at least we should have speed bumps to curb the reckless drivers, especially where the road bends outside Leathermarket Court, and parked cars narrow vision even further. But sadly there didn't seem to be enough like-minded folk to make a fuss. Hope that changes.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: