Black cat, Merrick Sq

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 1 August 2013 12.20pm
Hello! just wondering if anyone knows if the black cat that's appeared in the last month or so round Merrick sq/Trinity st has a home locally?

He looks fine, just think I saw a collar mark on him (where the fur has rubbed off) and wondered if he'd got lost?

anyone? :)
Friday 2 August 2013 10.35pm
He is an adorable chap, I think he lives there as I see him intermittently often when warmer playing with a leaf or having a stare out with Ginge. Someone's much loved kitty I'm sure. We lost our own lil'black cat Joshi nearly 2 years ago and every time I see a black cat my stomach flips, but it isn't him. Lucky Merrick Square!
Friday 2 August 2013 10.53pm
There is a very large black shaggy cat still in our garden, still giving me filthy looks if I go near him and its not on his terms...dont know who he belongs to, bartholomew street.
Monday 26 August 2013 4.51pm
This very friendly cat is out on the street daily, we have the black cat one side of the street and a tabby cat on the other . Both have their fan base and both get lots of fuss. Unfortunately today I witnessed 3 lads and a girl walking down the street one of the lads was on a bike . One of the lads walking saw the black cat and kicked it , the cat scarpered through the railings and then over the wall. I did shout out the window at him for doing this but his response to me was to invite me down so he could "cut me up" . My feeling is, he would have carried out his threat if I went down to him.
The cruelty of some people makes me feel so sad.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: