Southwark Trading Standards

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 6 August 2013 6.04pm
Does anyone have experience of interacting with SOUTHWARK TRADING STANDARDS.? I'd be really interested to hear of your experiences, good, bad or indifferent.
with thanks
Tuesday 6 August 2013 7.47pm
reported a "washing machine engineer " for faulty work , got an email back from them after filling in the online form..

that was about it..
Tuesday 6 August 2013 10.52pm
Responded quickly and thoroughly when I used national reporting form on local costcutters with poster for special and not honouring selection in store. poster removed within 24 hours.
Wednesday 7 August 2013 8.35am
Reported Curry's at Surrey Quays for trying to charge me 100 for an electric razor with a special offer of 50 off. Each and every razor on the shelf had the bright yellow sticker on it which indicated the discount of 50 but the nasty manager ,through his assistant, refused to honour it and virtually told me to F.O. The assistant was told to remove the stickers in front of me from six razors.
I reported this to the trading officer who paid Curry's a visit and checked all their prices and advised the manager of his obligations and warned him that a repeat offence could mean prosecution.
One in the eye for a mouthy manager and me well satisfied.
I went to Curry's on the OKR and bought the razor for the promotional price of 50 the same afternoon that I had the contretemps at SQ.
Wednesday 7 August 2013 2.21pm
Yes, I know just the manager. I had an issue with him too which resulted in me storming out of the store very unhappy with the way I'd been spoken to. I wasted no time in complaining to head office, sending them a copy of the claim form I was intending to issue at court as a result of his refusal to accept an item for repair.

I then returned and smiled sweetly, showing said idiotic manager the letter from the complaints department telling him that he was going to be given re-training in key elements of customer service, and spending the 50 in vouchers sent to me in his store, all the while he was powerless to act, even though I knew he wanted to eject me, perhaps even with force! To rub it in, I explained to the assistants that those vouchers were given for their manager's rudeness. I've rarely enjoyed myself so much. It's a real shame Currys are no longer at Surrey Quays!
Thursday 8 August 2013 5.52am
Power to the people.
I love those last two posts. Well done!!!
Thursday 8 August 2013 11.39am
Well Done Gavin and Thebunhouse.
There are way too many tinpot hitler managers of shops, and post offices in this borough.
People power !

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: