Eco Cleaners, Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 6 August 2013 10.49pm
I recently tried the new dry cleaners on Tower Bridge Road and, despite my earlier unhappiness at the way marketing was undertaken, I have to say I was impressed with both the service and the quality offered.

Admittedly it isn't the cheapest, but my shirts were beautifully pressed, so too was my suit which felt a lot cleaner than a suit I had done elsewhere a few weeks before. They turned my order round within a few hours.

I have no connection with this establishment, et cetera.
Wednesday 7 August 2013 3.19am
I completely agree and the lovely blond young lady is so pleasant and polite. I went twice and was pleased with the service. My clothes were perfectly clean!
Wednesday 7 August 2013 8.39am
Agreed - gave it a try for the first time last week - a couple quid more than average perhaps, but very happy with the result. I will be returning.
Friday 9 May 2014 3.06pm
Does anyone know if this place has closed down? I've noticed this week that the shutters have still been down at around 8am when it used to be open to drop things off before work.

Shame if it has closed - although not a huge surprsie given the number of dry cleaners in the area.
Friday 9 May 2014 4.19pm
They're still open. I picked my dry cleaning up tonight!

Whilst there are dry cleaners scattered about everywhere, I don't think any of them do this wet method of cleaning that the Eco guys use. As I understand it, the chemical used for convention dry cleaning (PERC) is ineffective when it comes to removing sweat and bodily fluids. My suits come back beautifully clean.

I reaffirm my earlier comments and reiterate that I have no affiliation with the dry cleaners other than in the auspices of satisfied customer.
Friday 9 May 2014 4.36pm
Glad to hear it - obviously I'm getting to work earlier (or more likely, they're opening later).
Wednesday 14 May 2014 11.56am
I dropped some cleaning off on Friday after work and was hoping to collect one morning this week. However, same as last week they were still locked up at around 8:15, despite the advertised 7am opening time.

I spotted the doors were still open last night around 7:45, so I went over. When I got there, the two guys told me they closed at 7! I questioned the opening times and they both said 7am, so when I told them they'd not been open well after 8 they were pretty surprised and blamed the manager, who they said had recently opened another shop and this was perhaps taking up a lot of his time.

Both guys were extremely apologetic though, and said if I had any similaar problems in future they'd happily deliver for no charge, which I thought was very good of them.

I hope the feedback gets passed on to their manager, as by not being open when most people are heading to work, they're really missing out on trade - there's so many other options in thearea that they shouldn't be missing a trick like this!
Thursday 23 April 2015 8.25am
I CANNOT recommend these dry cleaners at all, infact I would urge people to not use them unless they want to lose their belonging. To say it is chaotic is an understatement – they have lost or ‘had stolen’ (which ever a version of the story you care to believe) my latest laundry (and this isn't the only time I've had issues)and a fairly substantial amount. Despite me going in numerous times over the last month, the manager is now avoiding me and not forthcoming on a promise of compensation. I’m taking the matter further but customers should be warned.

Has anyone else had issues?
Friday 24 April 2015 9.24am
I have had mixed experience with this place - on two occasions items weren't ready when they said they would be or they couldn't find them. I witnessed a very unhappy customer who was pursuing a conversation with the manager about an apparent issue - not good PR for them as it made me quite uncomfortable. The results of the things I've had cleaned were ok but for the extra money and the unreliability re being ready I'm in no rush to return.
Saturday 25 April 2015 10.51am
Things have been taking longer than expected with this dry cleaners (I use the SE16 branch) but Van (the owner) is a decent guy and has worked miracles on some of my items whereas other dry cleaners would have not touched them with a barge pole. I still believe it is the best and cheapest dry cleaning locally. Van is just too much of a good guy and tries to please everyone. Raj and Deepa at the SE16 branch are lovely and I often pop in just for a chat. Van knows his issues and is working hard to address them - probably too hard.

Nothing but a happy customer.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: