blankety blank coaches...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 10 August 2013 12.05pm
This is beyond a joke, at this moment in time there are 7 coaches parked up in bartholomew street, turning on their engines periodically. At least the mid-day ones are gone by 6pm normally. If Southwark Council lacks the ability to stop a residential street being used as a Coach Park...charge the bleeders.

At the moment Pegasus Coaches are parked within the red route bit at new kent road end. if a vehicle comes around from new kent road, it would have to swerve to avoid it.

Who would be the best department to report it to? I just wish I had a phone that takes photos and you could see the ridiculous view out of our windows.
Saturday 10 August 2013 1.53pm
there is now 8! have phoned Mr mcnally at least he had mobile number! sounded like it was a long ringing tone, i.e. abroad....left a message...
Saturday 10 August 2013 2.46pm
I do sympathise, Jan. They could easily park in the disused car pound down at Mandela Way which I think allows that sort of thing for a small fee.

Are the coaches to do with Driscoll House? If they need to keep coaches closeby, they should re-open the former main entrance to Driscoll House and allow them to park on the driveway outside and park them down at Mandela Way.
Saturday 10 August 2013 3.09pm
Believe it or not there are now...NINE! have sent e-mails to 2 councillors, and spoke to Poddy who is on the Rockingham at the moment and she is going to see if she gets chance...just wish I had a camera phone..I keep mis-quoting a portrait paints a thousand words...think it may be a picture! pretty soon they will be parking on the residents bays then we will see just walls as we look out of our window...They often use the free time to clean the coach..or water it! It may well be Driscoll house, but when they drop off there is loads of young people swarming about and ditto collecting from Graham..
Saturday 10 August 2013 4.02pm
Lovely, Poddy came around and actually saw them in situ! well 8 because one of them have doubt word will get round that there is a spare bay.. Poddy was very nice and is going up and taking details of coaches etc. Lets hope this real nuisance will stop, one more is going just outside my window as well and the noise is too loud to have a conversation!
Saturday 10 August 2013 5.04pm
seems like a countdown...only 3 now...several hours free parking in central london...aint bad is it! all the residents have to put with is the site and the noise when they start up..
Friday 16 August 2013 4.32pm
Oh Jan I feel for you x. Terrible memories flooding back. Do make sure you gently pursue the councillors as I am sure at least one of them would get round to having a word with someone in (?) parking control. And don't be fobbed off by 'it's a noise issue' as (from awful memories of coaches when I lived on the Barthlomew Estate on the corner)I am sure it is a highways offence to keep engines running. Absolutely most certainly it definitely is an offence to keep an engine running on an unattended vehicle and I did once, many moons ago, manage to get Parking Services to come out and nab the ********* while they left engines running to go into the cafe on Bartholomew Street.

That might be an angle to pursue on the 'lunchtimers'.

Used to make me laugh (no...angry)when the school used to have half a dozen buses to bus the kids to the Cathedral...all of a mile away.

Good luck. I feel your pain.
Friday 16 August 2013 4.41pm
I did also once have words with Redwing Coaches head office (at the time they had the school's contract) to have a right old moan about drivers leaving engines running. They were actually quite sympathetic and it helped for a short while. I think I remember you saying on here that you've tried contacting the companies directly to no avail? If not it might be worth a letting off steam call, and get a registration to grass them up he he!
Wednesday 13 November 2013 4.26pm
Well the brief moments of having a clear almost street did not last very long, by 9.30 this morning there were at least 5 parked, at this moment there two white, two grey, and of course two red! there has been a variety of coaches parked at different times and even though there have been no morons running their engines unneccessarily you still have the engines starting up, reversing to manouvre out of the spaces between other coaches. The red coaches are parked there whether the school is on holiday anyway.

Lets see what time our little street is clear by would not be allowed to happen in Trinity street....Will be e-mailing Poddy as she was so helpful before.
Sunday 24 November 2013 4.01pm
Hello - sorry to hear this is still a problem - did we ever clarify if it's the customers of RESTUP at Driscoll House? I have concerns also about coaches for RESTUP picking up from NKR during rush hour - blocking either the bus stop or an entire lane of NKR and often needing their passengers to walk out into the traffic as the European coaches have their doors on that side.... It's dangerous and if it's part of the same problem from RESTUP then perhaps we could get the Council to speak to them directly?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: