Did Anyone witness a man jump off Hungerford Bridge at around 2.30-245pm Wednesday August 22nd 2012

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 14 August 2013 5.35pm
Hi

Was just wondering if anyone saw this man jump into the water from hungerford bridge. this is the two walkways between charing cross train station. It would have been quite busy as it was a week before the paraolympics started. Police did not investigate this incident assumed it was a suicide and stated that it was a witnessed jump however no witness who saw it ever came forward only witness that saw man in the water dont understand why no one would have seen him jump if indeed this happened. Would appreciate it if you could enlighten me.
Friday 16 August 2013 11.37am
It may help to say what your interest is as it is not immediately clear.

The only thing I can suggest is that one year on it will be hard to find a witness though perhaps try regular buskers who perform on the bridge.
Friday 16 August 2013 12.22pm
The police often do reconstruction of events a year later to try and jog memories,it seems ridiculous but they must of had success in the past using this ploy.
Friday 16 August 2013 12.59pm
Not sure what you mean police did not do a reconstruction made assumption that it was a suicide and at the inquest despite police stating it was a witnessed jump did not have any witnesses that actually saw him jump. Police done no investigations whatsoever so as it stands do not know weather he was murdered fell or actually commited suicide
Friday 16 August 2013 1.03pm
I am a family member and attended the inquest would like more information as police stated it was a witnessed jump despite not having any acutal witness who saw him jump only saw him in the water. police did not do any investigations whatsoever just made assumption that he took his own life. to date do not know if the this was an accident, murder or suicide.
ADT
Friday 16 August 2013 1.19pm
There may be CCTV or other cameras that record the bridge. A quick google for hungerford bridge webcams found this page (although it does not work on my browser so I cannot see exactly what it shows of the bridge. http://www.camvista.com/england/london/londoneye2.php
Friday 16 August 2013 1.27pm
Already did this no cameras actually on the bridge just either side or before but not on the bridge thanks for the idea though.
Friday 16 August 2013 1.32pm
Bonita wrote:
Not sure what you mean police did not do a reconstruction made assumption that it was a suicide and at the inquest despite police stating it was a witnessed jump did not have any witnesses that actually saw him jump. Police done no investigations whatsoever so as it stands do not know weather he was murdered fell or actually commited suicide

I was replying to Collinio's point about finding a witness a year later.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: