TV Reception

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 17 August 2013 5.26pm
Has anyone else lost a load of channels on their TV or is it just the St Saviour's Estate that has the problem? It's been down since about 1pm.
Can still get the BBC but no ITV channels and several others have gone too. May possibly be this 4G thing I suppose?
Thanks!
Saturday 17 August 2013 10.13pm
Not completely gone- lots of freezing / pixelating since yesterday - here off SBR
Sunday 18 August 2013 9.03am
Got the channels back late last night - all on the wrong numbers! BBC1 is now on 800 instead of 1!
Monday 19 August 2013 10.55am
If your BBC channels are appearing at 800+ it's usually a memory problem with older set top boxes. They run out of memory to store all of the channel details and randomly dump the channels after 800.

Wiping/resetting your box and rescanning for channels will often fix. If not you need to check if you've received, or should have, a firmware upgrade for your box. Check in your settings and do a search online for your make/model and the current firmware version.
Monday 19 August 2013 3.24pm
Thank you Truth Monkey -it's a swanky new one but it's been fixed this morning -the lift and communal lights were also out of action. Not sure how that works. I've given up trying to understand technology! :-)
Monday 19 August 2013 9.08pm
I have not got the 800 plus etc and am having probs still
Tuesday 20 August 2013 6.00am
Kory: you should re-tune your set-top box or digital TV at regular intervals.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: