Incessant screaming - Rothsay Street area

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 18 August 2013 7.52pm
Does anyone happen to know if the child conducting the daily incessant screaming in the SE1 Rothsay Street area is ok? Itís pretty much a daily and very disturbing occurrence with spine curdling screams.

Has anyone reported this to the council/police or know any more information about the situation? I.e. does the child have a cognitive disability? Or is this a child protection issue?
Sunday 18 August 2013 8.02pm
It might just be a little girl who likes to scream, and who has never been told to stop. We have one on my part of Falmouth Road too. I work from home, and all day long I hear her constant piercing screams like dog-whistles. I sometimes wish for a crossbow.
Sunday 18 August 2013 8.19pm
could it be foxes?? they make sounds like women being attacked and it is the time of year when the cubs are chased away from their mother's patches. you can always phone the police/duty social worker if you can narrow down the locality (assuming its not foxes)
Sunday 18 August 2013 8.31pm
You might be right Andrew, I'm just more concerned it may be something more sinister that poor parenting owing to what the child sometimes shouts.

JimG - Its definitely not foxes, I used to live in North London and know the sounds they make all to well, a bit banshee like, right?

I will speak to my neighbours this week as I don't want to be reading stories in the paper about a child abuse case in my neighbour.
Sunday 18 August 2013 8.34pm
Ah okay. Mine doesn't actually scream out words, just primal screams. That would be a worry, I agree.
Monday 19 August 2013 8.20am
I am suprised, no shocked, that you haven't already reported this to the police and the NSPCC. You are obviously concerned about it and the welfare of the child so do what you should do.
I just hope that your fears are not realised and more importantly the child is perfectly safe and well cared for.
Monday 19 August 2013 8.48am
Please do report it. If the child is just screaming because they haven't been told to stop then fine, but there could be something more sinsiter going on and you won't be able to get to the bottom of it without involving the police/social services.

|Free calls to USA & Canada | http://www.zipcall.com |
Monday 19 August 2013 10.39am
jamfactory wrote:
You might be right Andrew, I'm just more concerned it may be something more sinister that poor parenting owing to what the child sometimes shouts.
I will speak to my neighbours this week as I don't want to be reading stories in the paper about a child abuse case in my neighbour.

I don't understand why you haven't just called the police.
Monday 19 August 2013 8.07pm
A year or so ago I remember occasionally seeing a family (mother & two or three young children) walking in the Long Lane area. The small boy seemed to have some behavioural problems which caused him to scream incessantly - it did not seem like a disciplinary/tantrum issue because the other family members seemed to take it in stride....disturbing and upsetting to hear, but I did not see any evidence of a bad or abusive situation. Still, worth reporting to the police in your instance, I would think: better to be safe than sorry!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network