Locksmith

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 19 August 2013 9.17am
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone recommend an honest,reasonably priced and reliable locksmith?
I checked on previous threads but the most recent was Feb. 2012. Wondered if anyone has a more recent recommendation.

Thanks
Sarah
Monday 19 August 2013 9.44am
Worrall on Great Suffolk Street are brilliant. They aren't open at weekends, so no good for emergencies, but for regular work...
Monday 19 August 2013 10.07am
Truthmonkey-home wrote:
Worrall on Great Suffolk Street are brilliant. They aren't open at weekends, so no good for emergencies, but for regular work...

Thanks very much. Just called them and they are coming out tomorrow.
Monday 19 August 2013 10.51am
Second recommendation for Worrals.
Monday 19 August 2013 11.24am
Thanks James.
Good to be able to use a long-established local firm rather than one of the big boys.
Will report back to the forum once they've completed the job.
Tuesday 20 August 2013 12.48pm
Reporting back as promised.
Well, all I can say is that Dave from Worralls is a saint. He arrived on the dot, I showed him the lock in question, he turned the handle, gave the door a little shove and it opened! Nothing wrong with the lock, just another older latch on the door that had been painted over donkeys years ago and had suddenly decided to work again, preventing the door from opening.
He wouldn't take any payment and I didn't even have a tenner on me to give him to buy himself a drink.
Highly embarrassing!
So thank you Dave for being so gracious, and if I have a proper job for a locksmith next time, I'll make sure to call Worralls.
Friday 17 January 2014 10.51am
I've just had dealings with Worrals. Very good. Polite competent office staff and the man who came out, Mark, was affable and competent. He didn't give me any bull**** and saved me money. And they're a small local firm. Use 'em.
Harry Yanos
Wednesday 29 January 2014 10.17am
I rang Worralls yesterday after reading the positive recommendations here.
They sent someone this morning and fixed my locks.
Very happy with the service and would definitely endorse them.

Jay
Thursday 6 February 2014 11.00am
Called Worralls today after reading the positive comments on here, they will be coming round tomorrow.

I'm much happier to be supporting a local business, so I hope they are as good as everyone says.
Friday 20 June 2014 2.31pm
Ah yes - I had rotten service from them. Perhaps you had better luck, I was approx 89 out of pocket and a lock that did not fit the door frame properly. I had to get another locksmith to sort the mess out.

But don't take my word, have a look here and here.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: