Southwark's housing benefit dept..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 21 August 2013 8.03am
I have been on h.b. since dec.2010 approximately, I received a letter saying that my claim has been suspended due to an 'error'..I immediately contacted the royal mail pension dept. and asked for the information but the gentleman replied there would be a charge of 25.00 for each yearly increase letters as required. To pay out 50. seemes a lot so he has sent me a copy of this years p60 and enclosed copies of the last 3 monthly payslips.

I sent last Monday the 12th an e-mail after phoning the dept. up as recommended by the person who answered the phone, I also made it a high priority as the my rent is very high and the rebate was for 50 pounds, still have had no reply, so what happens in the e-mail section that a mail sent high priority does not even have a curtesy mail sent back, i.e. we will be contacting you etc., or is it tnhere are so many letters sent this way.

I am now going to collect a copy of my husbands death certificate in case the problem is that I have left our joint account in both our names, sounds silly but I like to see his name on it still...:-(
I am also taking marriage lines, birth certificates etc., to where ever the one shop is! m ay even include me blood group, list of illnesses!
Wednesday 21 August 2013 12.21pm
Just came back from the One stop down the Blue and I must say I was very impressed, my ticket was number 8, sat down and was called immediately and dealt with in a very efficient manner by a member of staff called Tracey.

The only negative aspect was there were no toilet facilities in the 'shop' or any where in fact nearby! no public toilets at all, and it seems wrong to waltz into an establishment, cafe or pub use their lavatory and not even buy a cup of tea! A problem that seems boroughwide it seems.
Wednesday 21 August 2013 4.50pm
Keep on to them Jan-my mother in law went to see them about her housing benefit in April and it did not get sorted till July-she had to keep ringing them and was told it was in the system etc but took ages for anyone to contact her
Thursday 22 August 2013 11.14am
Hope you get this sorted out soon Jan. I hate haqving to deal with council and government departments.
Thursday 22 August 2013 11.32am
DeeDee and Pat,

Your mother in law had to wait all that time Dee? my lord I could not afford to pay full rent for a week let alone that time! I have sold so much jewellery over the last year just to keep things ticking over..was trying to save for a n ew stair carpet, mine is 34 years old and I now can polish it! lol oh well worse things happen at sea I keep telling myself! will just have to wait patiently for it to be sorted...( yep I am a very patient person sometimes!)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: