Have you ever lived and/ or worked on Bermondsey Street - or live and/ or work there now?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 23 August 2013 1.08pm
Hello everyone!

My name is Amy and I'm working with a friend, Jude, to beautifully capture the stories and experiences of people on Bermondsey Street.

Each 3 minute film is based on a building address on the street. We interview someone who used to live and/ or work on Bermondsey Street, and another who lives and/ or works in the very same building today. So the building is a vehicle to chronicle the personal stories of the people who live and work in them- and by contrasting the two people's stories (one from the past, t'other from the present), we'll create a picture of Bermondsey Street - and how much has or hasn't changed here over the years.

We're really excited because our first film will be ready to be shown at Richard Miller's exhibition over the Bermondsey St Festival in September and it will hopefully mean that we meet some more people who might want to chat to us about what life was like and is like on the street.

We can't wait to make our second short, but before we can we need to find someone to film. This is where we need your help...

If you or anyone you know used to live and/ or work - or still does live and/ or work- on Bermondsey street please do get in touch with me at amy@whenitwas.co.uk. It's all very relaxed and will take- at most - an hour of your time.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Amy & Jude

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: