Nanny Recommendation Wanted

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 27 August 2013 1.22pm
I am looking for a local nanny (or at least one living no more than 20 minutes away by bus) to help me care for my children. I would like two/three full days a week (9-11 hours each day with some flexibility). Evening babysitting would be required at least twice a month. I live in Waterloo and my two girls are 6 months and 2 years old. I want someone with at least two years of experience and great references. The pay would be 10 an hour. This would be to start immediately.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Tuesday 27 August 2013 2.18pm
I highly recommend my family's babysitter and nanny, Abby. She has more than 5 years of experience as a nanny (2 and a half years caring for my children). She's wonderful with children and very reliable, even at short notice! She cooks healthy, nutritious meals, is active and has a great firm but fair approach to discipline. She lives close to Waterloo. Her email address is: abbywicca@yahoo.com.au. Feel free to send me a message for a full reference.
Wednesday 28 August 2013 11.12am
Hi Babydoll, my 2.5 year old son is currently being looked after by a great childminder named Anna. She lives right next to Bermondsey tube station (jubilee line) and is a lovely lady.

She has a garden, where the children learn to grow plants and vegetables. The children are taken out daily to different groups and parks and are never bored. I have so much artwork from my son I no longer have any place to display them!

She sends photos each week to show me what they have been up to and she keeps a very detailed behaviour and food diary.

My son is currently looked after along with a 2 year old girl, but her Mum is moving jobs so she will be leaving at the beginning of September and it will be just my son there.

Please feel free to contact Anna. I really cannot recommend her enough, I travel 30 mins to get to her as she really is the best!

Anna's contact details are:
Email: annadaisy1@yahoo.com
Phone: 07928 368 757

Tell her Siddy's Mum, Kerry sent you!

Good luck!
Friday 30 August 2013 11.42pm
Kel19, thank you so much for that lovely recommendation. I actually wanted a nanny as I wanted my girls cared for in my home. My eldest daughter isn't yet at nursery so I may consider a childminder in the future. I have now found a nanny. Thank you SuSu for recommending Abby - she is lovely! My daughters warmed to her quickly (which is a good sign).
Sunday 8 June 2014 9.01pm
I am recommending my children's wonderful nanny, Abby (I believe she is the same Abby mentioned above). She has been with us for a year and a half and it has been a true pleasure to have her as part of our family.

I now have four children, three girls and a boy, ages 4 months, 2, 3 and 6. Abby cares for them two days a week and alternate weekends when I have to work. The children are always happy to see her and sad when she leaves to go home. I homeschool my children and Abby supports this by helping me to educate them at home. Their days are spent very active; at the park, museum, baking, writing, drawing, painting, singing, dancing - the works! Although my older daughters can't wait to tell me what fun activities they did that day, Abby keeps a journal of their day, including what they ate for each meal. I am a chef by profession so my standards are rather high and I have found Abby to be a great cook. She shares my views on fresh over processed foods and only gives my children fruit/vegetable 'snacks'.

I don't ask Abby to be a cleaner when my youngest is napping as looking after four children for eleven hours is a lot, and I think she deserves a break, however she always cleans the kitchen after use as well as making sure the childrens' bedrooms are tidy. My oldest children are also encouraged to be responsible for mess they make and to help clean up afterwards.

Abby is punctual and very reliable. I know that my children are safe and nurtured when I leave them with her. I sometimes finish very late at the restaurant so it is great that Abby is able to stay later if I require it. Abby has stayed overnight and weekends to look after my girls when I had to travel or leave very early in the morning. She is very affectionate with the children and they are very fond of her. My second oldest daughter even asked me if Abby could live with us and I asked her why, to which she replied 'so she'll never leave'. (I was both surprised and touched by that, as was Abby when I told her the next day.)

I didn't intend to write an essay although there is so much more I could add. I would like to help Abby find more work during the week. She is available three days a week. She is looking for full days, preferably, on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays from 8:30/9am until 6pm (she is flexible with finish times). She is available for temporary or permanent work. She is also available for evening babysitting most week nights. She has great references, no criminal record (of course), over 5 years of previous childcare experience and a true love of children.

If you're interested or have any questions please send me a message and I will pass on her contact details.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: