Exhibition of new work

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 2 September 2013 9.01pm
Well it's been a long time coming and with a few false dawns but I finally have a one person show with the Exyzt people running The Lake at 100 Union St.

I was only planning to document one piece but then it was suggest since I was there to go for it and so I have. If your first question at these things is 'But is it art?' you'll not enjoy it, but if your up for a bit of a challenge the Private View is this Friday from 6pm.

Given the focus of the work is very much a critical take on the regeneration process and more directly its impact on social cohesion I figure many here will get something from it. If not, it's a nice space in any event.

Look forward to discussing it with you.
Monday 2 September 2013 9.35pm
is it open before friday (daytime) and how long for?
Tuesday 3 September 2013 5.58am
Well I'm there all week so your happy to swing by, most of it will be in place this evening.
Tuesday 3 September 2013 7.12am
It only runs for three days as Exyzt need the space back, Sat/Sun/Tues, noon till 8pm.
Wednesday 4 September 2013 2.52pm
I'm probably talking to dead pixels here, but if anyone was intending to stop by before the PV, unfortunately a skip is sitting there for two days so I can't complete the set up.
Wednesday 4 September 2013 2.55pm
how annoying. will try and pedal over during the weekend, but would be great if you'd post pictures/text/stuff about the project later anyhow?
Monday 9 September 2013 11.10pm
how did it go, tolstoy? sorry, my time-management went totally out the window. post some photos here?
Thursday 12 September 2013 8.06am
It went well given there was no promotion for it, I've not finished with the documentation text, but here's a link to the work:

http://www.tonymaas.com/index.php?/ongoing/piss-square---stories-in-social-order/
Thursday 12 September 2013 11.22am
oh, i like! x

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: