Does anyone have an unwanted fridge?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 5 September 2013 10.19pm
I have a neighbour who is in his 70s and his 30 year old fridge recently packed up. He doesn't want to buy a new one as he is against spending lots of money on something that will last longer than he will.

I have been scouring ebay, Gumtree and Freecycle but thought it might be worth asking here. He can pay up to 50. He wants one that is about 22 inches wide and 47 inches high. He would need it delivered as well unless it is close to Ipsden Buildings then someone will probably be able to collect it.
Thursday 5 September 2013 11.09pm
Hi moriarty,
Might be worth checking out the British Heart Foundation's Furniture and Electrical store on the Old Kent Road. They 'recycle' unwanted kitchen appliances (they took my old (but still in excellent working order) cooker, for example).
Hope you manage to find something suitable.
Thursday 5 September 2013 11.24pm
Thank you for replying.

He has tried there and wasn't impressed with the prices.
Sunday 8 September 2013 7.35pm
and the heart foundation charge 18.00 for delivery, even if you live 100 yards away which would be a lot of money for a pensioner..
Monday 9 September 2013 11.21am
I will be changing my fridge for a slightly larger one in a couple of weeks (17 Sept). You would be welcome to take my old one.
Wednesday 18 September 2013 4.56pm
I just wanted to say thank you to Andrewll. My neighbour loves his new fridge. Thank you.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: