EDL March Queen Elizabeth St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 6 September 2013 8.26am
Just a warning for anyone in & around Queen Elizabeth St tomorrow (Sat). I have heard the road will be closed to cars from 9am as the EDL are grouping there before marching over Tower Bridge around noon. They are being told to park cars there too so will be back later to pick them up. I'm really suprised the police haven't warned residents & businesses already. There will be a large police presence apparently.
Friday 6 September 2013 3.24pm
The reason they haven't warned people is that they may have tried to give it as little publicity as possible, to avoid any opposing factions going to look them up.
Saturday 7 September 2013 11.10am
Boss Street and Queen Elizabeth street closed.

Pic 1 here.

Pic 2 here.

Seems like most of the idiots are drunk - saw five urinating against the court building on Boss Street. Nice.
Saturday 7 September 2013 12.14pm
Too bad that bars etc were given notice but residents were told nothing. So Saturday disrupted and then early tomorrow we have the helicopters and closed roads etc due to filming...
Zoe
Saturday 7 September 2013 3.10pm
Those helicopters do get quite annoying after a while. On the plus side, I cycled thru the city to get back to Southwark and the roads were empty. It was quite good fun cycling down the middle of the road.
Saturday 7 September 2013 10.49pm
Ruined my sister's 70th birthday treat with my family all going to see West Side Story. Half them failed to get there in time. My brother was four hours late getting to SE1. All roads from Essex into centre were blocked off backing up to North Circular. So, were there really so many thousands of protesters that London had to stop moving for the day?
Sunday 8 September 2013 12.26pm
S i m o n wrote:
Ruined my sister's 70th birthday treat with my family all going to see West Side Story. Half them failed to get there in time. My brother was four hours late getting to SE1. All roads from Essex into centre were blocked off backing up to North Circular. So, were there really so many thousands of protesters that London had to stop moving for the day?
Closing any one of the Thames crossing points will always cause chaos. It's hard for me to understand why a protest march route requiring the closure of Tower Bridge was permitted. We were driving out of town to visit friends in Essex, and it was a huge pain... made all the worse by the knowledge that we had a mob of racist buffoons to thank for it.
Sunday 8 September 2013 5.16pm
I was there when the National Front thought it was a good idea to march though Lewisham back in 1977.

I am disheartened to note that we no longer can count of such a level of militant action against such provocative marches.
Zoe
Sunday 8 September 2013 5.29pm
There were thousands of people on the counter demonstration.
Monday 9 September 2013 7.48am
i beleive there is a policy of giving little them little publicity-unfortunately it also means the counter demonstration is not given publicity either
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: