Motorbikes stolen near Bermondsey Spa

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 8 September 2013 5.02pm
It has been an increased of stolen motorbikes in the Bermondsey Spa area (new blocks of flats near St James church, Prospect House in Sun Passage and surrounding). 3 bikes have been stolen in August and the latest bike was stolen Friday 6th September.

Has anyone noticed this increase?
Monday 9 September 2013 1.53pm
Hi Matilda,
I think that this is more of a London thing than just Bermondsey, although I did read on another website that a bike was stolen near Lynton Rd just two weeks ago and a neighbour of ours recently caught some youths lifting the cover off his bike in the early hours. Weíre not far from St James Rd.

Iíve got a garage, but anyone parking outside needs a strong lock such as an Almax or similar plus a tracker fitted. When I park at my home I put my bike up against the front door but Iím still paranoid that someone will steal it! We should be able to leave our bikes without worrying that some scumbag will take it but thatís not the way it works unfortunately.
Thursday 12 September 2013 1.48pm
Yes I know it's a London thing, but I've been living in Bermondsey so many years and this kind of crime has been increased massively in the past couple of years.

They built so many new blocks with bicycle racks but no secure motorbikes parking space. Around the Salmon Youth Centre, Eyot House and Marine Street there is nothing and the area is quite desolate.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: