Incessant screaming & shouting noise last night Becket & Selborne, Tabard Estate?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 11 September 2013 2.35pm
Did anyone hear a man screaming & shouting last night between Becket & Selborne House? It was around about 10pm but could have been going on earlier(that's when I got home). This is an issue I have been trying to resolve with Southwark Council for a while now with very poor results. He screams and shouts often incoherently, but is very loud. What we need are more witnesses to come forward as I'm sure it's not just me experiencing it. If anyone could please contact Susan Snell at Southwark Council as she is the resident Housing Officer looking into this. Many thanks.
Wednesday 11 September 2013 3.28pm
Call 101 and report it to them. Have the same problem on my estate. They were more helpful than Southwark Council and my landlord.
Wednesday 11 September 2013 10.47pm
Hi pops, I've been to the police several times, they refused to get involved and believe it or not, advised me to get some earplugs!
Sunday 15 September 2013 8.57am
Did you cal 999 or 101? I found 101 more helpful, they were talking to me until the police arrived. Say you are concerned that the person may be in trouble or getting hurt?
Monday 16 September 2013 6.49pm
Pops, the police have told me this is a civil matter & not a criminal one hence why I'm trying again with the council. It is their responsibility as landlords. I called 999 once and they refused to come to my property to witness the noise instead going to the accused who of course denied all wrong doing! I can't believe nobody has come forward regarding this? Are there no Becket or Selborne house residents on the forum? The noise can be heard quite clearly from between these two houses at various times. We really need witnesses to come forward so if anybody's heard anything pls do contact the council.
Tuesday 17 September 2013 9.29am
Is the man a care in the community patient? or someone with alcohol or drug problems? it is very difficult for the council to deal with someone like that IF he is a tenant. We had a similar problem in the flats where we lived, there was not much the council can do unless the person has a support worker who may be able to talk to the shouter! you can't evict a mentally ill person.

p.s. we moved out fortunately.
Wednesday 18 September 2013 11.32am
He certainly doesn't sound like a well man.
Thursday 26 September 2013 7.59pm
I don't think he is a well man, was screaming again last night and woke me up around 4:30am. Very hard to get back to sleep with all that racket going on. Anybody who has witnessed pls come forward it will make a huge difference and may see him get the help he needs. I've spoke to the tenant there who is denying there is a problem. We need people who have experienced the noise to come forward.
Friday 20 December 2013 2.43am
Have you had any luck with this recently? I too am having problems with a neighbour shouting and screaming all night in BH however I think it may be a different one for yours from you description and their time lived there. It's incredible how some people can have no concern for anyone else.
Friday 20 December 2013 12.32pm
sierraecho1 wrote:
Have you had any luck with this recently? I too am having problems with a neighbour shouting and screaming all night in BH however I think it may be a different one for yours from you description and their time lived there. It's incredible how some people can have no concern for anyone else.

It is,isn't it.

Every night for the last 10 years we have had a man screaming and shouting incessantly,usually about the Russians!
It's not his fault though is it? No matter how much this bloke drives us mad we have to remind ourselves that he is unwell and shouldn't be in that situation,he can't look after himself.
I know who I blame for this and it's not the bloke next door!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: